This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A silly idea for transmog hoarders.

#11ElaeusPosted 4/16/2013 4:46:33 AM
pikpikcarrotmon posted...
Another kind of void storage specifically for transmog. When you put something in, it's gone. Deleted. Done. But you can use it for transmog on any eligible character on your account, you've learned it.

I think this could work if they figured heirlooms and tabards out. They always said that they aspire to make these work the way BoA titles work now (you choose them from a list). I wouldn't mind that working for transmog items but there are two possible drawbacks even if they could work out the technical side:

1- what's the limitation in place? People will this way "void out" EVERYTHING like even greens and blues because why not. Will the game have that capacity?

2- what if I actually hold these items dearly and don't want them destroyed? My paladin for example has her t8 10, t10hc 25, t11hc, t12hc, t13hc and t14hc alongside her personal arsenal of selected weapons and shields "of choice" (Quel'Delar is a notable mention) in her personal bank so that they keep their enchants/gems/reforges on them for sentimental and nostalgia reasons. I won't ever get these near current void storage so they don't lose these.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#12MorgasaurusPosted 4/16/2013 6:51:59 AM
Just as a quick FYI I picked up from another topic: You can use an addon to transmogrify from void storage. That helps me immensely on characters for which I actually care about their transmog.

I don't really think there should be account-wide transmog. storage or anything like that. I think the system is fine the way it is. Just like your character has to individually earn their loot, I think they should individually earn their "transmog. loot." Pets pretty much had to go account-wide to make the system work properly, but look at the result: The best way to farm some rare pets is to make a character on a random realm such as an RP-PVP realm just to farm it. That's sort of counter-intuitive.

And while it's certainly more convenient (see: leveling an alt 1-60 and 85-90 with Azure Water Strider mount) to have account-wide mounts, I'm still ambivalent about that being true to the spirit of the game.

I guess maybe "equipment" is where we draw the line. Transmog. is still at least in some sense equipment so it should not be allowed to be account-wide whereas pets and mounts are.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#13pikpikcarrotmonPosted 4/16/2013 3:19:53 PM
Elaeus posted...
2- what if I actually hold these items dearly and don't want them destroyed? My paladin for example has her t8 10, t10hc 25, t11hc, t12hc, t13hc and t14hc alongside her personal arsenal of selected weapons and shields "of choice" (Quel'Delar is a notable mention) in her personal bank so that they keep their enchants/gems/reforges on them for sentimental and nostalgia reasons. I won't ever get these near current void storage so they don't lose these.

Did you feel the same way about your mounts and pets? Anyway, this idea wouldn't affect you - you could continue wasting all that space to keep the gems that no longer matter, while the rest of us could melt them into transmog material. But the point is that bag space as it is is a flawed idea now, specifically because players like you will *always* fill whatever amount of space they are given, and then ask for more.
---
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.
#14Egxamer1Posted 4/16/2013 4:14:28 PM
If you are going to go a route like this might as well make it like Diablo where everything is unbound and able to be moved between characters.
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#15ElaeusPosted 4/16/2013 4:21:22 PM
Elaeus posted...

Did you feel the same way about your mounts and pets? Anyway, this idea wouldn't affect you - you could continue wasting all that space to keep the gems that no longer matter, while the rest of us could melt them into transmog material. But the point is that bag space as it is is a flawed idea now, specifically because players like you will *always* fill whatever amount of space they are given, and then ask for more.

It's not about space wasting. With your example, I can't even transmog these tiers (which I do now) unless I destroy them. It's very laughable to think that what works would you should either work for me or I get denied the feature altogether.

Also, "the rest of us" is a very broad statement considering I am not the only one that loves to keep old raid gear intact. It's a very known behaviour by old time raiders.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#16webbc99Posted 4/17/2013 1:31:40 AM(edited)
Elaeus posted...
Elaeus posted...

It's not about space wasting. With your example, I can't even transmog these tiers (which I do now) unless I destroy them. It's very laughable to think that what works would you should either work for me or I get denied the feature altogether.

Also, "the rest of us" is a very broad statement considering I am not the only one that loves to keep old raid gear intact. It's a very known behaviour by old time raiders.

I think it was implied as an alternative solution. So you can transmog as per usual, but it's limited to one character, of if you'd like to make it account wide, you can dump it in the void. Alternatively, anything in Void Storage is accessible for all of your characters for Transmog. Would be nice.

On the subject of Account Bound vs Character Bound, I have always been of the opinion that everything should be account bound. I wish you could change class and level another class on the same character like in Final Fantasy MMOs. I've got some amazing stuff on my Warrior (S1 gladiator mount mainly) that is not account bound for some stupid reason, and it really annoys me that I can't use it if I happen to be on a different class. It's still me playing the game, and I earned it. Rep, gear, everything, should all be account bound, but there should be no need for alts unless you want multiples of the same class for some reason.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls