This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which warlock spec

#1bluemarioPosted 4/13/2013 1:15:23 PM
So I am rolling warlock for the first time. I am leveling it up as a demo warlock and loving it but I am wondering what endgame spec is the most viable? I do mostly PVE but I'll do bg's and arena's occasionally too.
---
They say a woman's work is never done....perhaps that's why they get paid 75 cents on the dollar to what a man makes.
#2jul10Posted 4/13/2013 1:25:19 PM
they are all viable, pick whichever spec you like best
---
Click HERE to take the stupidity test.
#3LatiasSAPosted 4/13/2013 1:43:43 PM
literally everything
---
PM me about scrolls of res. I have 19 referrals left.
Okay, I never let WoW boards down before. - Left4Shaman
#4bluemario(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 1:52:26 PM
I like demo. So the other spec is a toss up between aff and destro. I guess I'll just give them both a shot to see.
---
They say a woman's work is never done....perhaps that's why they get paid 75 cents on the dollar to what a man makes.
#5GhostfeetPosted 4/13/2013 2:02:21 PM
I play a destro lock and thoroughly enjoy it. I took aff as an off spec, but have yet to really try it out. I've been having too much fun roasting everything.
---
"I drink and I smash because I love." ~ Rocko
XBL GT: DisposableDuck
#6WaffIeElitePosted 4/13/2013 2:09:57 PM
Since Wrath's launch, traditionally burst specs have done better for leveling up, due to how fragile enemies are both solo and in dungeons. Many classes can blast enemies apart in a couple GCD's and keep moving. Not sure if it's the case for Warlocks these days, but have fun and see what you like the best.
#7IdTheDemonPosted 4/14/2013 6:14:04 AM
Demo is the best leveling up once you get the Felguard and can aoe mobs down efficiently.

Endgame, all 3 specs are great.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/ceejay/simple
#8USACripplerPosted 4/14/2013 6:52:48 AM
I started my lock as affliction and tried all the specs out at different times, right now I like Destruction the best though. Haven't switched back to affliction in months.
---
Nobody circles the drain like the Buffalo Bills.
#9jupiterdreamsPosted 4/14/2013 6:58:21 AM
pve endgame

destro- highest dps of the 3 with a lower ilvl, also aruguably the easiest to play.
demo- excellent aoe(best of the 3's ramp up time), but on the downside its very yo -yo ish to play.
aff- highest dps of the 3 when your ilvl extremly high. also pretty easy but takes longer to master than destro.

as is stands ive been raiding tot as both destro and aff.

jin-rokh- destro
horridon- aff and destro work well but i prefer aff.
council - aff, fight is a multi dotters dream
tortos- destro
megaera- destro
ji kun- destro
primordius- comes down between personal preference.
dark animus- destro
iron qon- both are about the same.

havent done twins or lei shen yet
---
whats progress without failure
#10TloyaPosted 4/14/2013 5:32:39 PM
They're all very viable for endgame content and which one is the best is fairly situational.

Of the three specs, demo's rotation is probably the most challenging just because it's sort of a weird back and forth between low-damage periods of building up demonic fury and high-damage periods of unloading in demon form.

For PvP you don't want to go demo but aff and destro are both competitive.

Try them all out if you have the chance and see what you personally like the most.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath