This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is ret the worst dps spec in the game?

#21ElaeusPosted 4/14/2013 11:49:47 PM
AllGodsDie posted...
Elaeus posted...
omfg.

There is too much misinformation and ignorance in this topic I am not even going to ruin my morning attempting to correct.. I feel sorry for most of you guys.

I hate these kind of comments. "I'm right but I won't say why."

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/388/389/4d2.jpg

Ok, I am sorry I didn't want to ruin my morning by fixing 8 or 9 posts in a topic full of spat out crap. I am not talking about the original post, since if that was an issue with the original post I would either ignore it or fix it (people that know me will testify to this fact). My issue is with the 8 to 9 posts that just contain utter **** because somebody felt like posting something wrong and again, I won't bother fixing all that.

Feeling better?
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#22AllGodsDie(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 11:54:11 PM
Elaeus posted...
AllGodsDie posted...
Elaeus posted...
omfg.

There is too much misinformation and ignorance in this topic I am not even going to ruin my morning attempting to correct.. I feel sorry for most of you guys.

I hate these kind of comments. "I'm right but I won't say why."

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/388/389/4d2.jpg

Ok, I am sorry I didn't want to ruin my morning by fixing 8 or 9 posts in a topic full of spat out crap. I am not talking about the original post, since if that was an issue with the original post I would either ignore it or fix it (people that know me will testify to this fact). My issue is with the 8 to 9 posts that just contain utter **** because somebody felt like posting something wrong and again, I won't bother fixing all that.

Feeling better?

Okay, fair enough. Just wanted to know what you were thinking.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#23ElaeusPosted 4/14/2013 11:58:01 PM
p.s: I will PM you, TC.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#24HakPosted 4/15/2013 3:19:36 AM
fan360 posted...
Demon Slicer posted...
jackster26 posted...
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic

there ya go

Those numbers mean nothing.

Do you honest believe that if they put ret, boomkin and shadow priest at top and mage at bot, people will believe it?
The site uses real number in raid, then interpolate.

If your class is at bot, I suggest you re-roll.
Don't mad at us.

Wrong. Wrong. And just to reiterate... wrong.

Noxxic uses pure simcraft for the numbers. For the "realistic" numbers, it creates artificial pauses in the sim to take into account any movement. You can (hopefully) see the flaw immediately, particularly for classes like Hunters and Warlocks. Also it doesn't take into account any aoe - purely single target - or talents. So a fight which may be aoe heavy with adds all over the place, which would effectively favour Locks with the 500% aoe range talent, isn't treated any differently in their "realistic" sims to a fight with a target dummy.

The site is a pile of garbage. Has been for ages. Don't encourage people to quote it by misinforming them as to how they get their information.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#25Orestes417Posted 4/15/2013 3:25:55 AM
Because simulations haven't been a staple of class benchmarking for ages right? How a specific spec does on a specific fight is useless for discussing overall performance. So is looking at top player parses and assuming that, just because they pull 200k DPS and HPS simultaneously while tanking, juggling cats and shooting rainbows from their ass that it's reasonable to expect that performance to translate into average raiders.

In truth those "realistic" sims are pretty damn close to observed reality
---
When Hollywood runs out of Indians, only the Indians will know.
#26HakPosted 4/15/2013 3:33:14 AM
They're miles off. If you want an example, compare what is ACTUALLY seen in-game;

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/100/14/60/default/

with what Noxxic says;

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic

(Both links were in this topic, but apparently comparing them is beyond you).

Now look at what Noxxic says are the top "realistic" numbers from a Fire Mage - 94k dps. Now, let's look at what people are ACTUALLY doing with a Fire Mage in raids accordnig to a site that actually captures live raid data... oh, 184k dps? Twice as much? How is that possible? Oh... it's because Noxxic only uses a single target sim, with pointless pauses in their sim detail to produce numbers which mean nothing.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#27Orestes417Posted 4/15/2013 3:44:16 AM(edited)
The combined parses fail to take into account gear levels, and by their very nature parses are going to be skewed towards the higher end of the spectrum. If you'd bothered to read the site correctly noxxic lists 213.9k as the high end of the spectrum for fire mages, 94k is wearing full normal mode gear from last tier.

AND if you bother to read the damn raid parses correctly, guess where fire mages were before 5.2 hit and mages were in 496ish gear? Here let me help you http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/100/14/60/default/#1000000000000000000000000000000000

---
#28HakPosted 4/15/2013 3:46:43 AM
Which still isn't "realistic" either...
---
#29Orestes417Posted 4/15/2013 3:48:52 AM
Within a few k is acceptable for ballparking. Don't even try to argue otherwise
---
#30HakPosted 4/15/2013 4:04:02 AM
30k difference isn't exactly "ballparking". That's approximately 15%, which is far outwith standard deviation for any decent testing.
---