This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is ret the worst dps spec in the game?

#410pt1muzPr1m3Posted 4/15/2013 8:58:46 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Basically it's Mages at the top then everyone else within a 5-10% or so degree of variance. Worst is likely combat rogues

all 3 specs too
---
Twenty-three is number one!
#42Orestes417Posted 4/16/2013 12:04:13 AM
ChocoboMog123 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Any idiot can pull 200k burst on a lock stacking cds on opening. There's several youtube videos of it. You haven't been sustaining 200k single target in T14 though. Period. Does not happen. Not for Demo, not for Afflic and not for Destro.

And how many single target Patchwerk fights are there this tier?

Doesn't matter. There isn't a sane way to do a general comparison on AoE fights
---
When Hollywood runs out of Indians, only the Indians will know.
#43ChocoboMog123Posted 4/16/2013 8:26:25 PM
Orestes417 posted...
ChocoboMog123 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Any idiot can pull 200k burst on a lock stacking cds on opening. There's several youtube videos of it. You haven't been sustaining 200k single target in T14 though. Period. Does not happen. Not for Demo, not for Afflic and not for Destro.

And how many single target Patchwerk fights are there this tier?

Doesn't matter. There isn't a sane way to do a general comparison on AoE fights

Several have already been posted.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#44failure_turtlePosted 4/16/2013 8:33:52 PM
steveoSEK posted...
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/100/14/60/default/

there

top 100 parses will never be an accurate sample size
---
Be yonce.
#45fan360Posted 4/17/2013 10:59:31 PM
failure_turtle posted...
steveoSEK posted...
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/100/14/60/default/

there

top 100 parses will never be an accurate sample size

Mage and Warlock at top.
Ret and Shaman at bot.
Look correct to me.

TC has a valid complain.
#46ElaeusPosted 4/17/2013 11:03:22 PM
I am still amazed at the amount of bads posting raidbots, but those are fine comparing to the seriously mind boggling ones that think it's ok, and not only that, but the only way.

The only one that got it right in this topic is Mog. Save yourself the troubles and only read his first post. /thread.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#47ArjuntaPosted 4/18/2013 6:42:05 AM
I have played a Ret/Prot Paladin since I started playing in Wrath and Ret has definitely gotten harder to play since Cata dropped with Holy Power and Inquisition.

As my signature implies, I am not an amazing Paladin, but I am not terrible. Since Cata, I have really backed off raiding with my Paladin because the rotation just sucks. It is a fragile rotation with little room for error.
---
The King of Mediocrity
#48Twain_DriverPosted 4/18/2013 8:15:40 AM
I'd say WW 2H Monk is in a worse spot. My Ret has worse gear but is blowing up numbers much easier. The rotation isn't too bad. I don't like having to worry about Inquisition, but I understand having it keeps you from falling asleep. Better than waiting to get a respectable Brew stack. I feel Ret does have a little more team utility, so perhaps that's why they felt the need to give them Whiffle Bats.

Hopefully that 15% 2H increase will go live, it could help quite a bit.
#49fan360Posted 4/19/2013 1:51:41 AM
Twain_Driver posted...
I'd say WW 2H Monk is in a worse spot. My Ret has worse gear but is blowing up numbers much easier. The rotation isn't too bad. I don't like having to worry about Inquisition, but I understand having it keeps you from falling asleep. Better than waiting to get a respectable Brew stack. I feel Ret does have a little more team utility, so perhaps that's why they felt the need to give them Whiffle Bats.

Monk doesn't need 3 Brew stack now.
So many misleading info on the internet.
#50HakPosted 4/19/2013 2:34:40 AM
Arjunta posted...
I have played a Ret/Prot Paladin since I started playing in Wrath and Ret has definitely gotten harder to play since Cata dropped with Holy Power and Inquisition.

As my signature implies, I am not an amazing Paladin, but I am not terrible. Since Cata, I have really backed off raiding with my Paladin because the rotation just sucks. It is a fragile rotation with little room for error.

Should have tried one at the start of TBC, when your Seal expired as soon as you Judged (and Seals only last 12 seconds anyway, with Judgement on a 10 second cooldown), there was no CS or DS, and you had to hardcast spells, interrupting your swing timers. Then you would have truly been the King of Mediocrity, even if you were the best player in the world, since it was impossible to do decent DPS on a Ret.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa