This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Key lore quests?

#1ian2093Posted 4/14/2013 11:02:05 AM
Hi! So I haven't played WoW since the very vanilla of MoP, and I basically just grinded up to 90 and quit, so I am entirely out of the loop lore wise. I know something has been going on with the Sunreavers, what quests should I do to explore that and any other major lore quests?
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#2ShadowEdgeXPosted 4/14/2013 11:12:51 AM
When you first log in again you'll get either a quest or a letter giving you a quest telling you to go to Karasang Wilds to summon your faction's main fleet. This starts a new faction and new set of dailies that deal with a variety of things, notably the Sunreaver/Kirin Tor fallout. you'll also get a quest to go to Towlong Steppes to start the effort against the Thunder King, headed by the Blood Elves or Kirin Tor. The Karasang Wilds stuff happens first canonically, so if you want to do it in order grind that one to exalted first. The Karasang dalies are FAR better and faster than the early MoP ones, btw, so it'll be a snap.
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel
#3ian2093(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 11:33:19 AM
Alright, so do the Karasang Wilds quests go into the Blood Elves and what's going on with them? Also is there any hidden quests back in Dalaran with the Sunreavers? I always love going back to the old worlds with quests tied with the current ones.
---
#4angrywalrus13Posted 4/14/2013 11:41:54 AM(edited)
ian2093 posted...
Alright, so do the Karasang Wilds quests go into the Blood Elves and what's going on with them? Also is there any hidden quests back in Dalaran with the Sunreavers? I always love going back to the old worlds with quests tied with the current ones.

The Dominance Offensive questline (it'll start from someone on the balcony at the Shrine) will cover all of it. You start it, do dailies for it, and every other day or so you get some one-time quests that progress the story (this includes going back to older places, like Dalaran). Eventually you'll get 'em every day, and about when you hit Exalted the story will finish.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#5ShadowEdgeXPosted 4/14/2013 11:42:08 AM
ian2093 posted...

Yes, they do. They also involve Garrosh and his trying to weaponize the Sha. There's nothing new in the Northrend Dalaran, eveything there is stuck in a "time bubble", and happens prior to Cata, remember.
---
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel
#6ian2093(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 12:00:47 PM
ShadowEdgeX posted...
ian2093 posted...

Yes, they do. They also involve Garrosh and his trying to weaponize the Sha. There's nothing new in the Northrend Dalaran, eveything there is stuck in a "time bubble", and happens prior to Cata, remember.

Okay, I forgot about that time bubble. I remember there was a quest in Northrend that had us go back to Shattrath and talk to A'dal which was so much fun.
---