This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just can't enjoy Warrior anymore, recommend me a new class, please.

#1webbc99Posted 4/15/2013 6:06:35 AM
So, after playing Arms Warrior since the good ol' days, MoP has really sapped the fun out of the spec for me, and I am finding that I just can't play the game anymore without getting bored.

Active mitigation and the new rage model really screwed things up imo.

Please recommend me a class based on:

I do like tanking, healing and DPS. No preferred role, but the DPS spec should be enjoyable if possible, as I mostly only have time for dailies nowadays.

The only class I categorically do not enjoy is hunter.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls
#2HakPosted 4/15/2013 6:12:13 AM
Druid. Can tank, heal and DPS, has 2 ranged DPS specs, both of which are enjoyable enough to play.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#3webbc99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 6:18:29 AM(edited)
Druid is a reasonable suggestion, however the tank spec does suffer from the same issue as Warriors (Active Mitigation woes). Resto is reasonable, but I don't really get on with Feral or Balance. Hrm.

Doesn't have to be a hybrid btw, was just saying I am happy to play any role.

Edit: Sorry unless I have completely missed something, I thought druids only had one ranged DPS spec? Did the word ranged slip in accidentally? :P

Thanks btw Hak.
---
#4Coop14Posted 4/15/2013 6:49:04 AM
Enjoyable DPS spec....

My favorite DPS spec is Retadin. It's fun I don't know something about it I really enjoy.

Windwalker isn't bad. Has tons of utility now.
---
When one hates music, I question if they hate the soul. Music is undefinable, so don't try to define it for others.
#5webbc99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 7:02:01 AM
Coop14 posted...
Enjoyable DPS spec....

My favorite DPS spec is Retadin. It's fun I don't know something about it I really enjoy.

Windwalker isn't bad. Has tons of utility now.

Well, that may be a solid option (Paladin) - as my only other 90 is a Paladin. Currently Holy/Ret. What do you think of Prot?

Is Fists of Fury still rotational for WW monks? Until it's no longer needed, I will never ever play that class. Ew :S
---
#6Lightning BoltPosted 4/15/2013 7:06:53 AM
webbc99 posted...
What do you think of Prot Paladin?

Guitar Hero as hell, but it's extraordinarily effective and haste gearing is fairly enjoyable. Dem cooldowns... you feel like a god playing one.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#7angrywalrus13Posted 4/15/2013 7:30:21 AM
Warlock.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#8zodiacsoulPosted 4/15/2013 7:51:32 AM
If you want to do all 3 roles that leaves 3 choices Paladin, Druid and Monk. (unless they decide to add more specs in the future, hoping for Shammy tank myself). Below I give my opinion on the 3 classes.

Paladin - Tank is good, was my first tank and toon. Heals excels at tank healing, decent raid healer, favorite healer to play from the 3 hybrids classes. DPS is enjoyable but not my personal favorite, honestly i'm a little biased against melee DPS since there are times where you can't DPS due to certain boss mechanics.

Druid - Tank is good and one of the most enjoyable tanks for me, Its similar to War but i find it more fun, possibly because you are a bear. Heals is decent, very HOT heavy. I find the two DPS specs a little boring though. Cat is like a boring version of rogue, instead of pressing buttons you pretty much auto attacking waiting on energy. Boomy isnt much better IMO, feels like a Lock / Mage hybrid. Their two DPS specs also seem to do less damage compared to other classes with the same ilevel when you first hit 90.

Monk - Tank i havent tried myself personally, but from what I see they aren't the best, you will have to be really geared to be decent. Most of the ones i seen dont use stagger too well, so they take alot of spike damage. Healing isn't too great either, they have alot of mana issues when i tried it, and I hear other people have the same issues. Their DPS spec is the best out of the three specs, it does amazing damage when you first hit 90. And Fist of Fury is ok, but its damage is meh, its actually a DPS loss in heavy AOE situations, i only use it to interrupt/ stun the adds.

So to sum up, Favorite tank to play is Druid, Heals is paly and DPS is Monk.
#9bravo1Posted 4/15/2013 8:07:54 AM
All tanks are active mitigation now. It's how Blizzard has decided tanks should play.

That being said, Pally may be your best bet. Protection makes you feel like a walking god, Holy is decent heals, and I can't comment on Ret. Guitar Hero is the perfect way to describe Protection.

For me, Druids are unbearably boring as tanks. Granted, I haven't done real content with them, but I could never get past 80 as a Druid. Rage ain't my resource.

Probably wanna skip monks. They're my favorite tanking class, but all they've got is active mitigation. You let shuffle fall off? You're in for a terrible time. Monks are super dynamic tanks though. They feel fast, fluid and fun, if a bit hectic.
#10RetributionV2Posted 4/15/2013 8:29:37 AM
For me, Druids are unbearably boring as tanks.

i c wut u did thar
---
>2012
>Not using meme arrows