This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is adding Shaman tank spec a good or bad idea?

#1SelitePosted 4/15/2013 5:50:30 PM
Are you for or against it?

I personally don't see any downsides but I've seen mixed opinions on this.
---
Something about kilts...
Also: http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#2AnaTheCatPosted 4/15/2013 5:55:48 PM
No reason to unless it is a major feature in an expansion where every class has a 4th spec.
#3GhostfeetPosted 4/15/2013 5:55:56 PM
I'm neither for nor against it. I would be curious to see how they'd make it work if it were implemented. Hell I would probably even give it a shot.
---
"I drink and I smash because I love." ~ Rocko
XBL GT: DisposableDuck
#4KrozardPosted 4/15/2013 6:08:33 PM
I'm NOT for "every class should get a 4th spec", because a lot of them would be hard to work a 4th spec in a way that make sense, however for Shaman, I'm completely FOR a 4th (tank) spec.

Here's why:

Elements.
Shaman focus on four elements: Air, Fire, Water, and Earth

Enhancement has Air as its primary element.
Elemental has Fire as its primary element
Restoration has Water as its primary element

Earth, at the moment, seems to be just a utility sped, but it just SCREAMS tank.
Rockbiter, the Earth elemental weapon imbue, increases threat generated and reduces damage taken.

Unleash Elements, when use with Rockbiter, acts as a taunt

Earth Elemental, I believe, is designed to tank, complete with taunt.
---
this space intentionally left blank
#5punk030Posted 4/15/2013 6:11:33 PM
I'll bet warriors are the reason why there's no fourth spec in the game.
---
The only reason I have a sig is so I don't keep breaking that All Caps rule. Bah.
#6im_boredPosted 4/15/2013 6:22:02 PM

Why?
---
I'm not your bro, bro.
#7woodymPosted 4/15/2013 6:56:27 PM
punk030 posted...

A fourth spec for as warrior would be easy, just make it a healer spec where it focuses on heroic leaping or intervening to party members and aid them with bandages, slap on an adhesive bandage and tell them to carry on like a champ.
---
Aye Aye.
#8EDarienPosted 4/15/2013 7:13:40 PM
It's a good idea, from a logical PoV, hands down. If anyone wants to play it, they can. If anyone does not want to play it, nobody's forcing them. Want to make a Melee DPS Priest? I think it's stupid, but I'd vote for it if I saw people wanted to play it. More freedom = better than less freedom.

There's no "lore reason" for it not to happen, so at this point it's just Blizz being stubborn after all they've added to make it "almost viable", ya know for that Boss at 3% health that GC loves to throw out there in these discussions, like it happens every day and Shaman are just, ya know, prepared for that 3% health raid boss while they're DPSing their ass off. *eyeroll*
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#9ElaeusPosted 4/15/2013 7:15:35 PM
I like pinning the element Earth on tank shamans like one of the posters above me did. I think that's pretty thoughtful.

As a general rule no- I don't want every class to have a 4th spec.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#10LatiasSAPosted 4/15/2013 7:16:46 PM
Perhaps warriors would finally get to have a ressurrecting shout in their fourth spec
---
PM me about scrolls of res. I have 19 referrals left.
Okay, I never let WoW boards down before. - Left4Shaman