This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is adding Shaman tank spec a good or bad idea?

#61RuneArcanisPosted 4/19/2013 5:20:54 PM
ljgf posted...
Shamans and Warlocks should both have a tank spec added.

This. Demonology warlocks are so close to being tanks, but they're not quiiite there yet.

Maybe make enhancement and demonology dual dps/tank specs like feral used to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwlPDQzeRoU

This, warlocks tanking in LFR, it is awesome.
#62EDarienPosted 4/19/2013 7:02:40 PM
lunchbox2042 posted...
If people aren't tanking with the 5 classes in game, adding a 6th won't help.

Simply not true. I for one would definitely be tanking on my Warlock if I could. I switched to tanking only for a bit in Cata, but I missed my Warlock as it was always my first "main". When I finally got MoP, first thing I leveled was my Warlock, as I always do in a new expansion. I've completely ignored my DK, Pally and Druid (all 85 tanks) in favor of my Warlock thus far. The next class I plan on bringing to 90 is my Enhance/Resto Shaman, as well. I'd switch out one of those to tank spec in a heartbeat if we got it. Depending on gear differences is how I'd pick that one. After I'm done with these two, though, at least getting them to 90 and playing around a bit, then I'll bring up my tanks, maybe. Likely my Druid, honestly, but I've been debating more and more turning him Balance/Resto since I really don't like Elemental and probably won't gear the Resto part of my Shaman. As for monk, I've just no interest from the mechanics I've seen. I'll likely get to, eventually, just because I like to have tried every class for the sake of trying them all. That said, it'll likely be long, long while. I'll probably finish leveling my SPriest before I ever get to Monk.

At least one other poster mentioned he'd re-sub if Enhance was given tanking. I'd like to think nobody is saying it would "fix" the tank shortage problem, as that's just not reasonable, but it could help it and certainly can't hurt it.

To simply say something as presumptuous as this was just silly. There's simply no thought behind it at all. Just one assumption: that if you wouldn't play new tank specs on existing classes, nobody else would, either.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#63SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/21/2013 2:25:16 AM
I'm currently not playing my DK and don't feel cinfident tanking on my Druid anything meaningful before getting used to the changes in Bear (last tanked in Wrath).

if my now 70 and rising Shaman were to get a tank spec, I'd do that and queue that up in a heartbeat. I'm already getting insta-queue as healer, but I'd love to have the option to Tank as well.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#64SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/22/2013 3:32:08 AM
Have not heard of a good reason so far other than what's basically "it won't change anything", which it would help at least, "I don't like the idea", fair enough but not really a solid argument alone since other can say the reverse, and "if they get that, then I want a 4th spec for MY class/spec", fair enough to a point, but not all classes would fit well with 4 specs and getting more Tanks/Healers (more the former than the latter) should be the priority at the moment.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.