This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Moon Guard horde just got sha of fear heroic realm first

#11ElaeusPosted 4/16/2013 12:26:08 AM
But seriously, it always impressed me that one of the top 100 guilds in the world is on Argent Dawn EU (RP realm). They are currently 8/13hc, and they ended up as 106 in t14.

No really, that's especially impressive considering I do have a character on that realm that I made out of curiosity back in Cat. There is absolutely no words to put how much the player base on that realm is .. Severely ignorant, to be as nice about it as possible, so it's almost pretty impossible to recruit, and yet that guild somehow manages to stay on top.

This is the guild:
http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/argent-dawn/Pinnacle/rating.tier14
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#12InvalidModPosted 4/16/2013 2:59:54 AM
RP servers are very interesting and frightening. On one hand the relationships(not sexual) formed are amazing to view. On the flipside some of the drama is scary. I used to play on an RP server and in RP this guy broke up with this girl. She flipped and posted his real name and address and threatened to stab him. The cool part was she went to Horde and there were massive world PvP battles
#13Neo_HeartlessPosted 4/16/2013 3:28:05 AM
Elaeus posted...
But seriously, it always impressed me that one of the top 100 guilds in the world is on Argent Dawn EU (RP realm). They are currently 8/13hc, and they ended up as 106 in t14.

No really, that's especially impressive considering I do have a character on that realm that I made out of curiosity back in Cat. There is absolutely no words to put how much the player base on that realm is .. Severely ignorant, to be as nice about it as possible, so it's almost pretty impossible to recruit, and yet that guild somehow manages to stay on top.

This is the guild:
http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/argent-dawn/Pinnacle/rating.tier14

I still mess about on AD-EU, although I stay away from Goldshire except when curious. I like to see the people act out their little dramas, but I will say, you need to have a sense of humour with your character, because the games mechanics are not built around two characters trying to out god emote each other.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#14VelociswaggerPosted 4/16/2013 5:41:46 AM
lolmoonguard
#15vahndragonwingPosted 4/16/2013 5:46:47 AM
pres_madagascar posted...
Little Zardar posted...
you realize on rp realms they have to walk everywhere, say prayers before each boss attempt, and have a proper resurrecting ritual everytime they wipe?

Srsly?

lol yes

Also I can sell you half of the sky if you want

I'll give you a good deal
---
IMO
#16NtheRiddlePosted 4/16/2013 6:21:00 AM
steveoSEK posted...
wtf is everyone on moon guard doing that they haven't downed sha yet?

Each other...
---
.....umm .....yeah
"All the facts in the world don't change the fact that there are NO... MORE... TWINKIES!" - Foamy
#17ElaeusPosted 4/16/2013 6:58:41 AM
steveoSEK posted...
wtf is everyone on moon guard doing that they haven't downed sha yet?

Sha hc*
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#18t3h MikePosted 4/16/2013 9:16:29 AM
Rp realms RP, most of the ERP goes on in Goldshire with level 1 alts from other servers. They don't spend their days grinding out gear nonstop, since they do RP. It slows them down, but they enjoy the further immersion into the game.
---
XBox Live Gamertag: hiddenlineage
#19DawnshadowPosted 4/16/2013 11:20:47 AM
I play on Wyrmrest, rather than Moonguard, but aside from their unfortunate troll infestation in Goldshire the general climate of both servers are similar. (And no, the people in Goldshire aren't representative of the server as a whole.)

t3h Mike posted...
Rp realms RP, most of the ERP goes on in Goldshire with level 1 alts from other servers. They don't spend their days grinding out gear nonstop, since they do RP. It slows them down, but they enjoy the further immersion into the game.

Came to say more or less this.

Most people roll on RP servers for one of two reasons: they want to RP, or they're looking for a more laid-back, mature atmosphere. RP and raiding both take up a lot of time, so they directly compete-- it's possible to be a good RPer and a good raider (one of the people in my guild is an excellent RPer, and he tanks for a guild that has a few of my server's realm firsts for the expansion.) As a result, the talent pool and interest in serious raiding is rather low compared to the realm population-- there's a good number of casual raiders and pugs, but generally just a couple of heroic mode raid guilds.

pres_madagascar posted...
Little Zardar posted...
you realize on rp realms they have to walk everywhere, say prayers before each boss attempt, and have a proper resurrecting ritual everytime they wipe?

Srsly?

No. It's not uncommon for someone to attach macros to their rezzes, and I have been known to /pray before a tough pull, but most of the time an RP realm's raid will look like a PvE realm's raid (although often with more women present-- in general RP realms seem to have a more even mix of genders.)

Generally, walking is a flag to show that you're in character and looking for RP. (The reason for it is not only visual-- if you're running and someone tries to talk to you, by the time they get done typing you'll be out of 'hearing' range.) In PvE/PvP, generally we run because walking is just too slow-- if you see someone RP walking in an instance they're likely either trolling or messing with someone who's trying to GOGOGO them. Most PvE is also done out of character, with the exception of the rare RP run of something-- you'll occasionally see people chattering IC during lulls, but seeing as it's hard to explain killing the same bosses every week... (I did see that done well once, where the raider framed it as his character having recurring nightmares.)
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/