This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When should I replace my Sha-touched weapon?

#1SulticunePosted 4/17/2013 4:08:28 AM
Good afternoon!

I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding which weapon would be better for my Guardian.

I currently have Gao-Rei, upgraded twice to iLvl 491 with 500 agi & 160 agi gems, but won Darkwood Spiritstaff a while ago. I could put a 2nd socket on that, but I'm still not sure which would be better? I'm gearing towards a PvE rage build for those of you familiar with AskMrRobot's suggestions.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86879 (Sha staff, 2x upgrade)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95862 (Lightning King LFR staff)

---
Chaos in Order brings Order to Chaos. Honour the Balance
The cloud boss cares not for your 277 rings. - mntwins0001
#2BushidoMusashiPosted 4/17/2013 6:07:49 AM
Something better I'd hope. Raidfinder 502 weapons just barely edge out the LFR sha weapons due only to damage output (at least for str) I had shinka then got 2 1handers on my dk and dps went up due to 2 weapon enchants and the increased output.
---
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum
#3BonzoForLyfePosted 4/17/2013 11:02:57 PM
I had a buddy who had 491 one you had, and upgraded to 502.. he figured it was about a 340agility loss, but the secondary stats, stam, and weapon damage all made up for it... It is your gold and it is up to you on how you want to spend it... Do you raid? And if so are you guys clearing horridon weekly?
---
Dispatch, Steve Nash, Fight Club.....'Nuff said
#4BonzoForLyfePosted 4/17/2013 11:16:47 PM
Hmmm, you lose 313 agility, but gain 190 stam, 214 secondary stats and about 500 dps weapon damage... I am not super aware of the importance of weapon damage as I play mostly healers but just testing from a 491 lfr weapon off empress to lfr wand off horridon I would upgrade it, you lose 380~ int but gain like 790 spell power, plus secondaries...

Also if you don't raid, when 5.3 hits, 500 valor to double upgrade that bad boy and make it the def choice... Hope this helped >.>
---
#5Sulticune(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 11:20:43 PM
Lovely, thank you for the replies. Well, Agility is my most important stat at the moment, so I think I'll stick with Sha-staff until I can upgrade the one I have or get the Lightning King's polearm and upgrade that.

Thanks again :)
---
Chaos in Order brings Order to Chaos. Honour the Balance
The cloud boss cares not for your 277 rings. - mntwins0001
#6pres_madagascarPosted 4/18/2013 12:52:20 AM
BushidoMusashi posted...
Something better I'd hope. Raidfinder 502 weapons just barely edge out the LFR sha weapons due only to damage output (at least for str) I had shinka then got 2 1handers on my dk and dps went up due to 2 weapon enchants and the increased output.

Faster attacks and a lot of aoe. ToT is very aoe heavy.
---
This is the prowess of CE. Romantic masters, clearly:
http://i.imgur.com/XgMJl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/njX88.jpg
#72Cold_ScorpioPosted 4/18/2013 5:00:12 AM
I have a similar issue: I've got the my Sha touched weapon (the 2H DPS axe; I forget the name) that is fully upgraded with both the +500 Str gem as well as the added prismatic socket. I'm not seeing why I'd want to lose all that Str when upgrading to one of the new LFR weapons. Sure, the other stats get a boost, but as a Ret Paladin, Strength is still my primary stat (along with Haste).

Granted, I haven't been running LFR for about a month now due to other commitments, so I've only seen the loot from the first wing. Is there a proper upgrade later on, or should I just keep my Sha-touched axe?
---
EVGA GTX 460 1GB SC | C2D E6750 @ 3.2 | Abit IP-35 Pro | 4GB Patriot DDR2 | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung F4 | X-Fi Titanium HD | 25" HP 2509b
#8BonzoForLyfePosted 4/18/2013 5:17:42 AM
When 5.3 drops you'll be able to double upgrade your new 5 weapon and boost it to 510, which should easily replace it (I assume) otherwise not until raid drops... Way to look at it with these things is they will not be replaced until you have an item from a whole next tier up, from 491 to 502 isn't a full tier due to upgrading... People are doing the same thing with heroic sha touch weapons... Can't find a reason to replace their 517 weapons for normal 522or 528...

So your options are to raid and get 522 equivalent, or wait till 5.3 to upgrade
---