This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'd love to see more "epic quests" like the Warlock's Green Fire one.

#31SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/19/2013 3:58:09 AM
SA_X_Mk_II posted...
Priests, hunters warlocks and paladins in vanilla. I don't count the rogue legendary in Cata anymore than I'd count the other legendaries

So, you only count the end reward and not the whole "specialized dungeon run and long quest chain that can only be accomplished by a single class"?

And Blizzard said that the effort it would have taken for them to do a quest like that for all classes would be the equivalent of a whole area in MoP and that they'd rather do something everyone can enjoy evenly (an area) rather than things people can only enjoy alone, if they enjoy it (class quest/dungeon).

Although the idea of splitting them up sounds cool, I'd rather have them all at the same time.

Requires raiding to finish. If we're going to go that far I'd include dragonwrath, frostmourne and atiesh

Again, you seem to fail to understand the difference between "Legendary quest that N number of classes (where N > 1) can complete that requires an entire team and where there is not much, if any, new content created specifically for the item/quest where only the person working on it can complete"... and what the Fangs of the Father and the Green Fire quests are.

For the Fangs of the Father, only Rogues could work on it, only rogues could have it and they had (I believe a few) scenarios they had to complete solo that tested their skills as a Rogue. The Green Fire Quest goes through BT with the Lock, again, alone.

The other Legendaries are either lucky drops (Thoridal, Warglaives), quests that don't could have most of the things done by someone else (Sulfuras) or requires a long time of grinding that used to require a guild to complete (Shadowmourne).

Druid's Swift Flight Form and Paladin/Warlock mount quests would fit with the other legendaries as far as scale and grandeur. Sure, only Druids could do the Swift Flight Form quest, but it didn't require any solo instances that tested anything.

How many Rogues were working on the Fangs of the Father and got stuck since they weren't good enough to do the solo part?
How many Locks are currently working on the Green Fire quest and have trouble beating the last boss?

If the answer for either of these questions is more than "no one" (which it is), then that's at least some amount of skill needed.

I'd love to have a Druid scenario where my stats would automatically get shifted around and I'd temporarily learn some spells from all specs and I had to make use of Cat form, Bear form, Balance spells and Resto healing throughout the run...
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#32XtraTPosted 4/19/2013 4:02:50 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Probably in WotLK.

http://i.imgur.com/RfVZjaj.jpg

Epic pally mount during Hakkar's plague.

http://i.imgur.com/PcTTWaC.jpg

Benediction. B**** please.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#33Orestes417Posted 4/19/2013 5:54:34 AM
**** Benediction, Anathema is where it's at. As for the pally mount, anyone who was actually there knows the chain was no joke at 60 in greens and blues. Hell just getting the gold for it was no joke, let alone actually doing the bosses.

Reminds me, they need to bring back the DS1 -> DS2 chain in some modern incarnation. That one was epic
---
When Hollywood runs out of Indians, only the Indians will know.
#34redundanciesPosted 4/19/2013 8:27:38 AM
Druid's Swift Flight Form and Paladin/Warlock mount quests would fit with the other legendaries as far as scale and grandeur. Sure, only Druids could do the Swift Flight Form quest, but it didn't require any solo instances that tested anything.

It wasn't instanced but you did have solo encounters that "tested" each of the default available forms. There was one part where you had to chase down an enemy in seal form and navigate some obstacles, and another part where I got stuck on for a while because you had to use caster form and my spell set was pretty crappy.
#35SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/19/2013 8:41:00 AM
From: redundancies | Posted: 4/19/2013 12:27:38 PM | #034

It wasn't instanced but you did have solo encounters that "tested" each of the default available forms. There was one part where you had to chase down an enemy in seal form and navigate some obstacles, and another part where I got stuck on for a while because you had to use caster form and my spell set was pretty crappy.

I only remember the Aquatic Form part for the Swift Flight Form quest myself. Past that I remember "healing" on the Ravenlord fight and remember nothing else of note for that entire quest chain. Liked the nod they added to the text of the NPC in Hyjal though.

I don't think the Fangs of the Father and the Green Fire quest chains will be as easily forgettable, since they actually provide some form of challenge. I was Hybrid Feral specced on my Druid the time I did the quest chain, and I don't remember having any difficulty. Then again, as mentioned before, I don't remember much of anything for it, so take that as you will.

If you really want to compare the Rogue and Warlock offerings to "any quest that a class somewhat/technically has to do alone", then Shaman were overdone for their Totem quests. >_>
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.