This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what content will Blizzard completely screw up for the next expansion

#11VonkilingtonPosted 4/18/2013 1:42:19 PM
TheGreatCheeze posted...
Brig123 posted...
piplupzero posted...
How did the screw up the dungeon in cata?
Awww did da challenge make you cwy? There there

They waffled at the public outcry that 'teh heroics are 2 hurd' and nerfed the everloving crap out of them. At launch, the Cata heroics were fantastic, challenging, but not impossible with more than half a brain and appropriate gear. ZA and ZG were a good throw back to that ideal, but it didn't last (plus two 5 man dungeons for a full patch...pretty fail). And the End time heroics? Good god those were awlful.

If were complaining about easy heroics, why not talk about Wrath? And what about the troll heroics didn't you like?

Ahh, WotLK heroics..... I tanked those on my Fury Warrior and beat everybody else in damage.. Good times...
---
http://i.imgur.com/GCekg.gif http://i.imgur.com/amV5N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DVQNa.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6tTNC.png
#12angrywalrus13Posted 4/18/2013 1:49:45 PM
The next continent will lose a lot of the life/love put into it compared to what was put into Pandaria.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#13redundanciesPosted 4/18/2013 3:10:26 PM
the possible removal of 5 man content

I'd really like to know where people started to get the idea that they were going to remove 5-mans.
#14AshrahnPosted 4/18/2013 4:00:06 PM
redundancies posted...
the possible removal of 5 man content

I'd really like to know where people started to get the idea that they were going to remove 5-mans.

The only thing I can see is with Blizz realizing how useful Scenarios are, people may jump to the idea they're going to take over all easier/fewer people content. While I can't foresee that happening.... /shrug
#15angrywalrus13Posted 4/18/2013 4:04:31 PM
5-mans aren't going anywhere. With MoP's particular production cycle (and progression model) it's been more efficient/made more sense to use scenarios to deliver story and content, but they have no desire to do away with 5-mans (also note that the two are made by different teams entirely).
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#16nimatoda666Posted 4/18/2013 7:37:31 PM
SirGizmo posted...
They also killed PvP this expansion.

How so?
#17SirGizmoPosted 4/19/2013 7:53:45 AM
nimatoda666 posted...
SirGizmo posted...

How so?

Too much burst this expansion. One stun and done.
---
""You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott." -SirGizmo
#18TloyaPosted 4/19/2013 8:55:58 AM
I doubt we'll see removal outright of 5 mans, but certainly decreased emphasis. Blizzard is realizing that the ratios of players who like to DPS vs those who like to heal or tank are about right for raids (perhaps too few healers) but way off for 5-mans. Scenarios give them content that can be less formulaic than dungeons, that can test skills of DPS as well as of healers and tanks, and most importantly, that players can queue into or form groups for very quickly and easily. It's a scary prospect for the tanks who will no longer be in constant demand but great for everyone else, I think.

The real test will be how heroic scenarios play out and whether Blizzard can genuinely develop content that is challenging but doable for 3 DPS.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#19ryanell666Posted 4/19/2013 10:09:05 AM
TBC screwed up by dropping attunements.
WLK screwed up by giving cross server LFD, and exploiting badge loot system to get welfare epics.
CAT screwed up by nerfing dungeons 4 months into the era, as well putting in the LFR.
MOP screwed up by giving us Pandas, Pokemon, Scenarios, and basically making daily quest mandatory.

The new expansion? Who cares, this MMORPG is more like social media with jaunts of instanced gaming for instant gratification. All that can happen is to see the baddies and those with ADHD get bored of it and the WoW will probably go F2P by the middle of next expansion and wither away.
#20XtraTPosted 4/19/2013 10:14:38 AM
SirGizmo posted...
nimatoda666 posted...
SirGizmo posted...

How so?

Too much burst this expansion. One stun and done.

foolproof strategy to get rank 1: use one stun
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.