This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guild is doing Lei Shen on normal for the first time tonight(25man).

#1Genocet_10-325Posted 4/18/2013 11:19:11 AM
I've heard on 10-man if one person doesn't know exactly what to do the raid will fail. Is it just as unforgiving on 25-man? For comparison it took our 25-man group (only 10 of them had done the fight on normal previously) 3-4 attempts to down Iron Qon.
---
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno. MapleStory IGN: Leaphetamine, Scania
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/mal-ganis/Taytaytaytay
#2mestupkid185Posted 4/18/2013 12:25:42 PM
expect to not get past the first transition on your first night. in 25 man its similar in that it only takes a couple dummies to wipe the raid.
#3Genocet_10-325(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 1:28:57 PM
mestupkid185 posted...
expect to not get past the first transition on your first night. in 25 man its similar in that it only takes a couple dummies to wipe the raid.

It's that hard? They seem pretty confident they'll down it tonight, plus considering the last two raid nights we one shotted everything except one wipe on ji-kun because a healer DC'd and 3-4 wipes on Iron Qon on our first night attempting him on 25man.
---
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno. MapleStory IGN: Leaphetamine, Scania
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/mal-ganis/Taytaytaytay
#4ShaheerRahmanPosted 4/18/2013 3:10:56 PM
Once you get past the first transition, then the fight gets a lot easier. The problem is that a lot of people die in that phase (not being the proper quadrant, bouncing bolt, static shock, overcharge, etc).
#5mestupkid185Posted 4/18/2013 3:45:39 PM
Genocet_10-325 posted...
mestupkid185 posted...

It's that hard? They seem pretty confident they'll down it tonight, plus considering the last two raid nights we one shotted everything except one wipe on ji-kun because a healer DC'd and 3-4 wipes on Iron Qon on our first night attempting him on 25man.

theres a good chance that your guild may have better gear than my guild did when we first killed it(3 weeks ago) so thatll be working in your favor. but yeah. what the last guy said is accurate. the first transition is the primary make or break point in the fight. you WILL wipe multiple times on the first transition, not only because of human error but theres a ton of RNG that can **** you as well. and if one person is down in a single quadrant, the possibility of adds spawning or being unable to soak a static shock will go up drastically.
#6Egxamer1Posted 4/18/2013 6:22:42 PM
If you can do H jin rohk the breaker you can dodge a wrench uh i mean Lei Shen...
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.
#7B1g_ClownPosted 4/18/2013 6:49:32 PM
rofl is this a joke topic? 25m is absolute faceroll
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJi5xhAOzQ
#8fan360Posted 4/18/2013 7:00:23 PM
WoW is easy.
L2P
#9mestupkid185Posted 4/18/2013 8:51:28 PM
Disregard the two trolls above this post. Just curious how it went for ya. Did you kill it?
#10QuantumpencilPosted 4/18/2013 8:59:42 PM(edited)
As a general rule of them, people who say "x" is easy, aren't actually very good at x. They are usually just mediocre.

I don't know a single good instrumentalists who think their instrument is easy, but I know a lot of high schoolers who think that. Same for math & physics students.

WoW may not be that hard, but its still hard to be really good. Anyone saying "WoW is easy" is almost certainly a mediocrity, with no clue as to what it really takes to be on the cutting edge (i.e, creating raid strats instead of reading them from the truly good players)
---
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~Berthold Auerbach
*Harvard Class of 2012 *