This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people PvP in Battlegrounds?

#1TheCongoPosted 4/19/2013 4:36:27 AM
I thought I would try some PvP out, I recently returned to WoW. After so many years of playing, I didn't PvP nearly enough.

So I have been playing BGs all week, and I am disgusted...

All the battlegrounds are full of botters. It is so obvious with their snap movements, and how most of the bot toons clutter together with the same scripts. At least a third of all my BGs have been freakin' botters playing.

This is completely ruining the fun for me. If I wanted to fight NPCs I would do dungeons, but PvP in this game is joke. The BGs are anyway.
---
"The worst thing about quotes found on the internet is you never really know if they are true or not." - Abraham Lincoln
#2Lightning BoltPosted 4/19/2013 4:37:46 AM
TheCongo posted...
but PvP in this game is joke

Eeyup.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3XtraTPosted 4/19/2013 4:41:32 AM
saying BGs is PvP is like saying LFR is raiding
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#4Glockass1Posted 4/19/2013 4:50:29 AM
XtraT posted...
saying BGs is PvP is like saying LFR is raiding

---
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png
#5shawn10000000Posted 4/19/2013 5:02:53 AM
Lightning Bolt posted...
TheCongo posted...

Eeyup.

knew i'd see you in here.
my counter arguement: the PvE in this game is boring and predictable. while the pvp (although unbalanced) is fun, fluid and excitingly unpredictable. Excluding the bots, but, that's what rbgs and arena are for.
#6vahndragonwingPosted 4/19/2013 5:04:04 AM
shawn10000000 posted...
Lightning Bolt posted...
TheCongo posted...

Eeyup.

my counter arguement: the PvE in this game is boring and predictable. while the pvp (although unbalanced) is fun, fluid and excitingly unpredictable. Excluding the bots, but, that's what rbgs and arena are for.

Scripted AI is predictable and other players are less predictable?

youdon'tsay.jpg
---
IMO
#7ArjuntaPosted 4/19/2013 5:22:53 AM
Arena and Rated BGs are definitely the pinnacle of PvP but BGs can be pretty rough.
---
The King of Mediocrity
#8Lightning BoltPosted 4/19/2013 5:25:54 AM
shawn10000000 posted...

Son, I live here.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#9TheCongo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 5:50:34 AM
I am aware that Arenas and RBG are probably great fun.

Right now I do not have the gear, and it is horrible trying to gear up through BGs which are such bot-fests.
---
"The worst thing about quotes found on the internet is you never really know if they are true or not." - Abraham Lincoln
#10vahndragonwingPosted 4/19/2013 6:06:24 AM
So run some easy pve stuff for JP and trade it over until you feel ready to hit arenas?
---
IMO