This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know, it just hit me. Challenge mode gear related.

#1LatiasSAPosted 4/20/2013 3:56:34 PM
Something tells me we all better start trying our hardest to get our challenge gear transmog items and mounts on our characters now, because I have a very good feeling that they are going to remove it in the next expansion in order to make room for a new order of similar things, leaving the previous transmog items to be something of prestige to those who completed them in the past.

The new expansion will bring new abilities and whathaveyou that are going to trivialize it and make it easier, to preserve the value of the challenge mode items I feel they're just going to take it away, even if they can continue to gimp your gear down to ilvl 463 all they want, I wouldn't put it past blizzard to do soemthing like this, because that will not stop things such as enchant bonuses and gems being so much more powerful and making challenge modes easier anyway.

Your thoughts on this? I really think this is going to be one of those things made unavailable to players once it's time is over...
---
PM me about scrolls of res. I have 19 referrals left.
Okay, I never let WoW boards down before. - Left4Shaman
#2Lightning BoltPosted 4/20/2013 3:57:31 PM
Your thoughts on this?

The mog is ugly as hell, don't even want it.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#3BushidoMusashiPosted 4/20/2013 4:40:50 PM
After only have successfully completed 4 challenge mode dgs in like 50 attemts I've pretty much given up on the armor sets.
---
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum
#4GreatDrakePosted 4/20/2013 4:49:51 PM
Depends on the set I love the paladin set to bad I main Draenei shaman whose set would only look good on a Tauren and can't stand playing my paladin.
---
Bedlam Boy's Disturbing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puDJun9iCA&feature=related
#5Little ZardarPosted 4/20/2013 5:17:29 PM
they won't
blizz has taken a step away from removing things from the game back in like wrath

it will be available the next expansion, you will still get thrown down to a 463 il and maybe even lv90

plus what would they do about the achievements if they were to take them out? make them all FoS?

From someone that has 17 gold medals (had to stop playing for awhile so my guild did the last gold medal my hunter needed without me... B****ES) I don't care if they kept the sets in the game for its entirety. I actually don't like stuff being exclusive or being changed to be exclusive, especially good looking sets like the challenge mode gear.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#6gamefaqwatcherPosted 4/20/2013 6:16:58 PM
They'll probably chuck it in the next bmah.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#7KrozardPosted 4/20/2013 10:51:22 PM
I don't see them removing the sets so much as making it so you're unable to queue for the current challenge modes once you hit 91
---
this space intentionally left blank
#8ElaeusPosted 4/21/2013 2:46:01 AM
Mostly what Zardar said, but I didn't go that indepth in my head when I asked myself the same question the other day... I think three months ago or so.

You see next expansion your level should easily scale down to 90 along your gear to lv463. The only thing that had me think of this possibility was indeed the achievement points; it will be completely turded to turn them ALL into feats of strength.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#9Wookie_Is_BackPosted 4/21/2013 2:51:31 AM
Krozard posted...
I don't see them removing the sets so much as making it so you're unable to queue for the current challenge modes once you hit 91

You already can't queue I thought.
#10KrozardPosted 4/21/2013 12:19:01 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Krozard posted...

You already can't queue I thought.

I completely forgot that. In that case, with the scaling down, I agree with Zardar
---
this space intentionally left blank