This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Im scared for titan.

#1darthjerroPosted 4/21/2013 2:11:32 AM
If titan follows wows and/or diablo 3 footsteps, its going to flop.
Casual game content tailored for mainstream bads isnt something the mmo market needs any more saturation with.

Hopefully they can deliver a exciting, exploring, challenging game that actually makes the players try hard at things like " not dying then spam killing ".

BW failed with star wars because it was way to casual, lets not have another recount of that shall we.

O and i would also like to see small numbers, not 18834527895 dps with 3453255 hit points and 359 billion gold.

How about 3689 - 32490 hitpoints, and gold actually mean something.
#2seasloth21Posted 4/21/2013 2:28:30 AM
i understand diablo 3 as a reference.....but whatever you feel about wow, it has been beyond successful. It would be good for all parties if titan followed suit.
#3ElaeusPosted 4/21/2013 2:29:45 AM
Wait, are you sure we're playing the same WoW? 'cuz the one I play didn't flop.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#4JiruruPosted 4/21/2013 2:33:25 AM
When I think of video game flops, the first one that comes to mind is WoW, one of the most successful games in history. You must have really high standards if this is a flop.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#5DrudaxPosted 4/21/2013 4:49:36 AM
It's like saying human beings evolving thumbs was a flop...
---
"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
#6shawn10000000Posted 4/21/2013 5:02:30 AM
Elaeus posted...

Didn't you hear? it went f2p years ago and they've added exp boosts and gear through a cash shop to draw players back
#7piplupzeroPosted 4/21/2013 5:25:52 AM
shawn10000000 posted...
Elaeus posted...

Didn't you hear? it went f2p years ago and they've added exp boosts and gear through a cash shop to draw players back

Oh aye! It was killed by the LotR MMO (Which is so successful I cant remember its proper name!)
Then when it was recovering it was killed again by SWtOR and everything inbetween, get with the times :P
---
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
#8WilfordBrimley1Posted 4/21/2013 5:43:13 AM
He never said WoW was a flop. He said that if Titan follows the WoW model it will flop.

People around here need some reading comprehension.
---
Check your blood sugar, check it often! There's just no reason not to.
#9Orestes417Posted 4/21/2013 6:04:01 AM
If people are expecting another WoW level performance (pure fluke of timing and market) they're going to be spouting stupid **** like Titan is a flop a whole lot. Realistic values for major MMO success are closer to the 1-2 million mark
---
When Hollywood runs out of Indians, only the Indians will know.
#10LatiasSAPosted 4/21/2013 6:38:36 AM
I'm hoping the UI won't be forced to resemble WoW's default, tired of this whole "Familiarity!" stuff thats going around to apparently help people get aquainted better with the new game with the designs of a few mmos which I can't name offhand at the moment.
---
PM me about scrolls of res. I have 19 referrals left.
Okay, I never let WoW boards down before. - Left4Shaman