This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's a monkey run?

#1Over_9000_Posted 4/21/2013 11:54:16 PM
Saw people in trade looking for groups for it, but nobody answered when I asked what it was.
#2GForceDragonPosted 4/21/2013 11:59:25 PM
A monkey run is when a group of players go to Stormstout Brewery and kill lots of the monkeys before Ook-Ook for experience, then they leave and reset the instance to kill more monkeys for experience. It's supposed to give 6-10m exp/hour, apparently.
---
"right now i have my ghoul glyphed to be the gimp, and when im low on health in summon the gimp and death pact his ass for some health. :/" -steveoSEK
#3KrozardPosted 4/22/2013 12:15:38 AM
GForceDragon posted...
A monkey run is when a group of players go to Stormstout Brewery and kill lots of the monkeys before Ook-Ook for experience, then they leave and reset the instance to kill more monkeys for experience. It's supposed to give 6-10m exp/hour, apparently.

Seriously?
This isn't exploitive or anything bannable is it?
---
this space intentionally left blank
#4TheGreatCheezePosted 4/22/2013 12:17:28 AM
Krozard posted...
GForceDragon posted...

Seriously?

Of course not, they're just AoE farming in a dungeon with a lot of enemies.
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#5Mark BellhornPosted 4/22/2013 4:40:31 AM
do they drop motes of harmony?
#6CacofiendPosted 4/22/2013 10:10:30 AM
Mark Bellhorn posted...
do they drop motes of harmony?

Nope as you can't loot them. However you may be able to get kills for the monthly darkmoon quest or anything else that bothers about killing blows like love is in the air.
#7B1g_ClownPosted 4/22/2013 11:37:43 AM
only noobs think its better than questing lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJi5xhAOzQ
#8halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/22/2013 11:44:52 AM
Krozard posted...

Seriously?

I'm surprised they havent nerfed the XP from the monkeys, but its no different than farming raid trash for rep/drops/etc.

B1g_Clown posted...

you realize grinding can be faster than MoP questing if you have rested XP, right?
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#9AshrahnPosted 4/22/2013 12:03:55 PM
What about the instance reset limit? Seems like it'd gimp it pretty bad. Seeing as its what, 40 monkeys before Ook? Unless they gather as much as completely possible....
#10ChocoboMog123Posted 4/22/2013 12:06:37 PM
B1g_Clown posted...

It was back when it was absolutely impossible to quest in Jade Forest. Now...

Ashrahn posted...
What about the instance reset limit? Seems like it'd gimp it pretty bad. Seeing as its what, 40 monkeys before Ook? Unless they gather as much as completely possible....

You can go past the limit if you just keep queuing. Don't run INTO a dungeon, just queue.
And, yes, you clean out all the monkeys. Not just 40. It's fun getting 600k DPS at level 85.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif