This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what's the story behind Ra-Den? *SPOILERS*

#1ElaeusPosted 4/22/2013 1:58:40 AM
WoWpedia mentions no much. I am mainly interested in the origin of his story with Lei Shen and how was Lei Shen able to apparently emerge victorious over him, and what happened to Ra-Den meanwhile in the thousands of years to come, etc...

A source to cite as well is appreciated.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#2PsoloquoisePosted 4/22/2013 2:02:15 AM
"Lei Shen's life changed forever when he stumbled into a dark chamber below what are now the Mogu'shan Vaults. Legend has it he found an ancient titan keeper guarding a miraculous device known as the Engine of Nalak'sha. No one knows what transpired between the two beings, but Lei Shen later emerged from the site bristling with the power to forge an empire. The keeper's fate -- and his current whereabouts -- remain a mystery."

Wowhead
#3BK_Sheikah00Posted 4/22/2013 2:09:39 AM
I'm assuming more will be revealed upon completing Wrathion's questline.
---
Hey, its that SuperNiceDog! Congrats to the Guru 2011 winner
#4Elaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 2:10:47 AM
Psoloquoise posted...
"Lei Shen's life changed forever when he stumbled into a dark chamber below what are now the Mogu'shan Vaults. Legend has it he found an ancient titan keeper guarding a miraculous device known as the Engine of Nalak'sha. No one knows what transpired between the two beings, but Lei Shen later emerged from the site bristling with the power to forge an empire. The keeper's fate -- and his current whereabouts -- remain a mystery."

Wowhead

That's the part I read from wowpedia, but I take it we still don't know what transpired down there?
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#5TloyaPosted 4/22/2013 5:21:35 AM
The game's deliberately ambiguous about exactly what happened. The new lorewalker scrolls on Isle of Thunder talk about it, too. I think Lei Shen actually brought a small army with him to invade the Titan complex, and wound up being the only one to return or something. We can only assume he was able to overwhelm the keeper and steal his heart somehow.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#6game freakozoidPosted 4/22/2013 5:28:34 AM
Seeing as we don't actually kill Ra-Den I'm betting it will be brought up in the future.