This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

That feel as a 60+ Healer getting a DK tank...

#1SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/22/2013 5:44:51 AM
TL;DWR: As a Resto Shaman, it's fun letting self-righteous and arrogant diva DK tanks die during chain pulls or the boss and having a DPS tank it and succeed. ^_^

Longer story that no one will probably read (250 Achievement points if you do!)
So, I've been leveling my RAF'd Shaman with a BM Hunter and we've been shooting up the levels fast by doing dungeons over and over again. I played a DK and leveled during Wrath's release, I had tanked in BC before and understood some general things about tanking, the gear required and things to do and not to do. The next characters that I leveled through BC/Wrath didn't really do dungeons too often, but I knew what was going on from guildies. So when my fiancee and I started to get BC dungeons in LFD on our Resto Shaman and BM Hunter characters, I knew what we'd be in for.

First dungeon we were lucky and got a Paladin Tank with a DK as DPS. First thing I do? Check his gear. He has the starter gear plus Heirlooms. Check his spec, Frost. I'm thinking I'm good at this point and let the dungeon start and progress until the DK keeps pulling threat and I have to keep healing him. I figure if it's Death Grip he can Death Strike his health back if it isn't glyphed. But no, he's actually doing Frost DPS in Blood Presence because "Vengeance gives AP lol". I ask him nicely at first to go to Frost presence and let the Tank do the tanking and get stupid responses. Then he proceeds to run ahead and pull more groups while the tank and the rest of the party is fighting the current pull or two. Agitated, I ask him to stop and say if he wanted to Tank that he should queue as Tank. He throws insults, runs ahead and pulls 3 groups. I deny heals, let him die and heal the tank through the extra adds fine. He tries to wipe us a few more times, but every time he dies with lack of heals and we finish fine.

Next few dungeons have DK Tanks, all in Blood spec/presence, all with Heirlooms, all chain pulling like crazy. Most slow down when asked. Runs go well, peoples gets da loots and all is good.

Then we get offense #2: DK poking mobs once and moving on to the next, mostly tagging with auto-attack or Icy Touch, never spreads diseases and never seems to stop. I have to Ghost Wolf to run between him and the rest of the party to heal everyone. Finally, I ask him to stop and he does. The Monk in our group is being more of a tank than the DK, staying behind with the rest of the party, keeping aggro on all the mobs minus the two the DK still has, and generally doing what a tank should do: judge the killing speed and ability of the party and decide how fast to pull and how many to pull. I throw a rude comment about how he should tank properly by at least spreading diseases or dropping a DnD so he keeps all threat. "lol chain pulling is best for this game welcome to wow." That's the response I get. So, on the next chain pull, I let the tank get a few groups and keep him topped off, then when I'd be out of range of the party, I let him move on alone and put Earth Shield on someone else to make sure he has no help from me. He dies, Monk gets aggro, we do fine and tank rages in chat. Monk laughs that he's tanking better than the DK, vote to kick happens and before he's kicked I say "and that's what happens when you are a &#@$ing idiot and ignore the healer and party, welcome to WoW. Lol!"

Fast forward past some good runs with a few bad ones similar to above, we're running DTK with a DK tank. We're just before the last boss doing the last set of chain pulls and I'm getting frustrated that the DK is running ahead again. I say nothing, stop heals and let him die. Hunter pet gets aggro, we survive. In chat from DK "Sorry for running ahead alone, I'll slow down.

There's hope after all.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#2XtraTPosted 4/22/2013 5:51:36 AM
tldr: bad healer is bad and can't keep up
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#3Lightning BoltPosted 4/22/2013 5:58:21 AM
You're a really spiteful healer, man. >_>
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#4XtraTPosted 4/22/2013 6:25:29 AM
hey so I'm bored and decided to dissect this post

First dungeon we were lucky and got a Paladin Tank with a DK as DPS. First thing I do? Check his gear. He has the starter gear plus Heirlooms. Check his spec, Frost. I'm thinking I'm good at this point and let the dungeon start and progress until the DK keeps pulling threat and I have to keep healing him. I figure if it's Death Grip he can Death Strike his health back if it isn't glyphed. But no, he's actually doing Frost DPS in Blood Presence because "Vengeance gives AP lol". I ask him nicely at first to go to Frost presence and let the Tank do the tanking and get stupid responses. Then he proceeds to run ahead and pull more groups while the tank and the rest of the party is fighting the current pull or two. Agitated, I ask him to stop and say if he wanted to Tank that he should queue as Tank. He throws insults, runs ahead and pulls 3 groups. I deny heals, let him die and heal the tank through the extra adds fine. He tries to wipe us a few more times, but every time he dies with lack of heals and we finish fine.

First of all you inspect his gear (lol who tf does that in 5 mans) but not his presence? Your ignorance shows even more when you say ''vengeance gives AP lolz'' because you can only get vengeance in tank specs.

Which means he just pulled threat because of the crap tank, but you're probably too busy clicking your spells to notice that. The ''stupid responses'' the DK said is probably clear information of what's really happening while you're just haming for no reason.

Next few dungeons have DK Tanks, all in Blood spec/presence, all with Heirlooms, all chain pulling like crazy. Most slow down when asked. Runs go well, peoples gets da loots and all is good.

Then we get offense #2: DK poking mobs once and moving on to the next, mostly tagging with auto-attack or Icy Touch, never spreads diseases and never seems to stop. I have to Ghost Wolf to run between him and the rest of the party to heal everyone. Finally, I ask him to stop and he does. The Monk in our group is being more of a tank than the DK, staying behind with the rest of the party, keeping aggro on all the mobs minus the two the DK still has, and generally doing what a tank should do: judge the killing speed and ability of the party and decide how fast to pull and how many to pull. I throw a rude comment about how he should tank properly by at least spreading diseases or dropping a DnD so he keeps all threat. "lol chain pulling is best for this game welcome to wow." That's the response I get. So, on the next chain pull, I let the tank get a few groups and keep him topped off, then when I'd be out of range of the party, I let him move on alone and put Earth Shield on someone else to make sure he has no help from me. He dies, Monk gets aggro, we do fine and tank rages in chat. Monk laughs that he's tanking better than the DK, vote to kick happens and before he's kicked I say "and that's what happens when you are a &#@$ing idiot and ignore the healer and party, welcome to WoW. Lol!"

Again with this wall of text we can see your steam from India. The irony of you throwing monglo insults at them while mentioning the their specs just show how ignorant you are about DKs.

You're a real internet hero for ignoring someone in an MMO after insulting them!

Fast forward past some good runs with a few bad ones similar to above, we're running DTK with a DK tank. We're just before the last boss doing the last set of chain pulls and I'm getting frustrated that the DK is running ahead again. I say nothing, stop heals and let him die. Hunter pet gets aggro, we survive. In chat from DK "Sorry for running ahead alone, I'll slow down.

There's hope after all.

And that's why you're a married beta male.
---
#5GateCaptainPosted 4/22/2013 6:26:18 AM
Keep up the good work. Some people pick DK's as a tank and usually end up good at it. Then there are those A-holes who think they are chosen to lead and you should be privileged to be in their company and be silent. Those guys need to be taken down a peg or two.
#6Lightning BoltPosted 4/22/2013 6:33:59 AM
XtraT posted...
Your ignorance shows even more when you say ''vengeance gives AP lolz'' because you can only get vengeance in tank specs.

Woosh.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#7SA_X_Mk_II(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 7:06:42 AM
@XtraT: Hmm... run ahead to heal arrogant DK DPS (in this case) or heal the actual tank and let the DK get pounded into the dirt for amusement and hopefully a lesson... #2 please!

@Lightning Bolt: I tanked as Bear and DK, healed as Tree and Priest (now Shaman) and have a very low tolerance for people that don't respect the Healers and Tanks if they do their job and are respectful. You can blame/thank FlyFF for that.

If you've never played/heard it, before, you could cast all spells on mobs. ALL OF THEM. Including Heals and Buffs. Skills in that game were upgraded by actually using them too, not automatically or by Skill Point spending. So, healers would find a leveling partner and spam buffs/heals on them to level them up. Healers that did this usually had their skills maxed within a level or two of getting them, making them VERY powerful and amazing to have around. It also meant if someone else was an idiot and messed with them (trust me, smart people knew to respect Assists in that game), they'd regret it. Fighting a mob your level or a couple of levels above you took long enough solo at 40+. If that mob has a full array of maxed out buffs and gets healed, it's impossible to kill without a group or being equally buffed/healed. Healer respect at that time was the utmost importance, and anyone that dissed a healer instantly got shown their mistake. If people really wanted to drive the point across, some guilds would have a KoS-type list where if a person on that list was found, there would be a healer showing up soon to heal/buff the mobs they were fighting until they apologized or left. It was especially funny when it was a class that mass pulled groups.

@GateCaptain: Exactly. As our Raid Leader once put it "taking a few seconds to kick them or knock them down saves a lot of headaches or annoyances over keeping them around".

First of all you inspect his gear (lol who tf does that in 5 mans) but not his presence? Your ignorance shows even more when you say ''vengeance gives AP lolz'' because you can only get vengeance in tank specs.

Which means he just pulled threat because of the crap tank, but you're probably too busy clicking your spells to notice that. The ''stupid responses'' the DK said is probably clear information of what's really happening while you're just haming for no reason.

LB hinted at it already, I'll let you figure it out. It's not hard, trust me. ~_^

Again with this wall of text we can see your steam from India. The irony of you throwing monglo insults at them while mentioning the their specs just show how ignorant you are about DKs.

Was I mad at the time? Yes. But after seeing them die and seeing a WW Monk, BM Hunter Pet, Frost Mage, BM Hunter without the pet, and myself "tank" the group and stay alive with heals, it brings a great sense of satisfaction. ^_^

You're a real internet hero for ignoring someone in an MMO after insulting them!

And that's why you're a married beta male.

Awww, thanks for the support little buddy! Brofist! (^_^)=pd=(^_^)

From: Lightning Bolt | Posted: 4/22/2013 9:33:59 AM | #006
XtraT posted...
Your ignorance shows even more when you say ''vengeance gives AP lolz'' because you can only get vengeance in tank specs.

Woosh.

^
This.
Read what I typed once more.
Reading comprehension should kick in.
---
#8AshrahnPosted 4/22/2013 7:19:09 AM
Any other dungeon pre-DK levels can go like this. When DKs get thrown into the mix, people have a funnel for all the rage and blame. (though most of them are pretty new/trying out the game on a sibling/parents account, so oftentimes they are pretty bad)
#9XtraTPosted 4/22/2013 7:33:59 AM
Oh I read what you typed, don't hide behind LB's post. You didn't try to mean that the DK said that.

Also, asking for a dps DK to death strike in pve is even more laughable. Don't try to cover your arrogant ignorance little one.
---
#10SA_X_Mk_II(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 7:49:04 AM
Any other dungeon pre-DK levels can go like this. When DKs get thrown into the mix, people have a funnel for all the rage and blame. (though most of them are pretty new/trying out the game on a sibling/parents account, so oftentimes they are pretty bad)

Any dungeon can have Tanks like this, yes. But most classes can't or won't try to chain pull from the entrance to the first boss in one go from level 12 (or w/e level RFC unlocks) to the 40s at least from my experience. Coming out with a full set of blues and full ability arsenal tends to have them be more risky and overextend more than a tank that's tanked with only 15% of their toolkit available.

Oh I read what you typed, don't hide behind LB's post. You didn't try to mean that the DK said that.

Also, asking for a dps DK to death strike in pve is even more laughable. Don't try to cover your arrogant ignorance little one.

I had quotes there for a reason.

I've seen plenty of Blood specced DKs running as DPS and pulling mobs to do "awesome" DPS, just as I've seen Prot Warriors do that too. Most of the time they are good enough for tanking that I don't need to worry about them much, or they at least stay near the actual tank to make healing them perfectly fine. They know their abilities and use them. If a DPS pulls threat and isn't willing to use their abilities to keep themselves alive or at least mitigate the damage they take, their own fault. I'll start casting a HW their way when they hit about 20% or so. If they can't survive the duration of the cast, oh well, I'll rez them after.

Besides, most of the time I'm casting Lava Burst, Earth/Flame Shock and Chain Lightning during the run anyways since Earth Shield, Riptide and the occasional Tidal HW keeps the tank full.
---