This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

That feel as a 60+ Healer getting a DK tank...

#21reaper329Posted 4/22/2013 11:25:29 AM
Ashrahn posted...
Any other dungeon pre-DK levels can go like this. When DKs get thrown into the mix, people have a funnel for all the rage and blame. (though most of them are pretty new/trying out the game on a sibling/parents account, so oftentimes they are pretty bad)

A lot of this. People by the time DK's are thrown into the mix have generally pegged down their class pretty well. DK's are still learning how to DK in content relevant to their level. The mistakes made by the new DK are magnified to an unrealistic proportion due to their level.

On the other hand, being new to a class or roll does not excuse being a complete imbecile. There's a difference between "I'm new" and "I'm intentionally being an ass."
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. - Tali
#22GamingAntPosted 4/22/2013 11:26:08 AM
Awful healer
---
I'll have a number nine, a number nine large, a number six with extra sauce, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one wit' cheese, and a large soda
#23SA_X_Mk_II(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:41:38 AM
@ChocoboMog123: As I said, I spend most of my time doing DPS anyways. Really, as long as only 1 person is dead, the group can do fine with big chain pulls as long as either the Tank, the Heals or 1 DPS is competant enough. I'll keep letting Diva Knights dying and give DPS a feeling of Tanking without dying. ^_~

@halomonkey1_3_5: Agreed there as well. Anyone trying to rush things without knowing that the rest of the group can handle it makes things a pain to do.

@reaper329: There's a difference between "I'm new to this class and want to tank, so I'll work to learn how to tank correctly" and "I'll just pull the ENTIRE INSTANCE WITHOUT STOPPING, because I'm a DK and AM GOD! :D:D:D". Which, the latter is how most Tank DKs are early levels. I know by mid-end Wrath they used to get better. But after Cata and MoP release, I don't know if that's still true or not.

@GamingAnt: Thanks for the depth of knowledge you've provided ^_^! I wonder if you've been the dead-and-kicked DK before?
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#24GForceDragonPosted 4/22/2013 11:44:52 AM
This topic raises one burning issue: I thought DKs were pretty much invincible in 5 mans around that level.

I thought EVERYONE was pretty much invincible in 5mans around that level.
---
"right now i have my ghoul glyphed to be the gimp, and when im low on health in summon the gimp and death pact his ass for some health. :/" -steveoSEK
#25metroidfreakv4Posted 4/22/2013 11:54:02 AM
Oh no, I read it all, your still a little kid that needs to not hold so much angst against people. And your still in the wrong. At no point I see you saying any advice towards the player. Just slow down. Thus, you are a bad
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SO-HGwxJNg
#26SA_X_Mk_II(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:12:02 PM(edited)
This topic raises one burning issue: I thought DKs were pretty much invincible in 5 mans around that level.

The breaking point for DKs from what I've seen, especially if they don't use their toolkit correctly if at all, is about 2-3 groups without heals where they start to fall fast. It's about 4-6 if they know how to play their class correctly.

If this keeps going, I'm going to start taking notes and doing experiments on this @&#$.

EDIT: @metroidfreakv4: When I ask "Could you please not pull as many mobs?" or "Could you slow down a little bit?" and get answers like "Chain Pulling is how things are down, L2P" or "lol this wow, wow chain pull all day", do you really think it's worth saying:

"Could you slow down a little bit as the DPS can't keep up and do damage correctly, plus you aren't spreading diseases and keeping threat correctly so they and myself are pulling aggro. If I stop to heal, I get farther from you and have to choose to run and heal you or heal the group, which causes me to look at the needs of the many. Because of that, I can't heal you and you end up dying. If you could find it in your not-so-completely-void heart to give Little Timmy here his wish of not having to move at all times to keep up, that would be a blessing and a greatly appreciated boon that a mighty lord such as yourself could bestow upon mere peasants as myself."

Only to, inevitably, be answered with "lol nub healz l2p inc" all the time.

The players that have more than 3 brain cells understand that if the Healer asks to slow down or not pull as many mobs, it's that there's a problem somewhere. The really smart ones don't need to be told, as the last Tank DK that I had in DTK learned. He was smart enough to figure:

1) I ran ahead and didn't get heals.
2) I died because of #1.
3) Don't do #1, #2 won't happen.

EDIT2: Sorry, forgot to give mad props on intelligent, sophisticated and well thought out "little kid" insult. Truly shows that, regardless of the age of your body, your mind has flourished into the unique little snowflake of a person that can now bender over without falling over. Gotta love that actual kids have more intellect and knowledge of insults then whatever age group you fall under. ^_^
---
#27GForceDragonPosted 4/22/2013 12:21:06 PM
SA_X_Mk_II posted...

The breaking point for DKs from what I've seen, especially if they don't use their toolkit correctly if at all, is about 2-3 groups without heals where they start to fall fast. It's about 4-6 if they know how to play their class correctly.

If this keeps going, I'm going to start taking notes and doing experiments on this @&#$.

Okay, yes, but hypothetically if a DK were to give a **** about spreading diseases and mashing death strike, wouldn't they be able to pull all the trash in between bosses because *5mans at that level*.
---
"right now i have my ghoul glyphed to be the gimp, and when im low on health in summon the gimp and death pact his ass for some health. :/" -steveoSEK
#28SA_X_Mk_II(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:23:47 PM
SA_X_Mk_II posted...

Okay, yes, but hypothetically if a DK were to give a **** about spreading diseases and mashing death strike, wouldn't they be able to pull all the trash in between bosses because *5mans at that level*.

Yes. If the DK has enough brains to play the class correctly and pace themselves correctly, they'd be basically immune. Or if I healed them instead of the DPS.
---
#29Rayray1985Posted 4/22/2013 2:00:04 PM
metroidfreakv4 posted...
Oh no, I read it all, your still a little kid that needs to not hold so much angst against people. And your still in the wrong. At no point I see you saying any advice towards the player. Just slow down. Thus, you are a bad

Slow down is advice. Telling the dps dk to dps in frost is advice. Letting the player die is a lesson. Thus, player not heeding advice or learning the lesson is bad, which is what I assume you are by defending the bad dk.
---
Xbox Live GT: Reddie85
#30Egxamer1Posted 4/22/2013 3:47:09 PM
I am blown away by the amount of work this tool put into this worthless topic and the amount of wall text barrels you have been chucking in defense of your tower of weak and pathetic whining. 5 man content is real serious business. I swear this guy will leave a goat head at the foot of my bed if he dies in lfr.

I havent seen anyone fight off Xtrat with such an insane amount of bull +$&# that the collective board throws their hands up in blah!

/thumbs up TC glad the world is big enough for all of us and that titantic stick in your ass ^_^
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.