This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not sure how people play on PvE servers... it is like playing League of Legends

#21RentedToolboxPosted 4/23/2013 12:44:53 PM
Oh well. Usually getting ganked is just a 30 second corpse run. At worst, I switch characters or log out completely because I have better things to do than let some dweller get his rocks off at my expense. I'm still on my PvP realm because having a full stable of alts and being in a good guild makes it worth it, mostly. The idea of world PvP was exciting when I first rolled years ago, now it's just a bunch of sociopaths interrupting my meager play time.
#22redundanciesPosted 4/23/2013 1:02:50 PM
All zones could have a level range. Players above said range are reduced to the highest level in the range, and their stats all scaled to a specific ilvl which correlates to the level of the region.

The only problem I see with that is, what if I want to faceroll the old quests for achievements or powerlevel a friend? Pushing me down to a comparable level to the zone will hamper either goal.
#23RentedToolboxPosted 4/23/2013 1:08:49 PM
redundancies posted...
All zones could have a level range. Players above said range are reduced to the highest level in the range, and their stats all scaled to a specific ilvl which correlates to the level of the region.

The only problem I see with that is, what if I want to faceroll the old quests for achievements or powerlevel a friend? Pushing me down to a comparable level to the zone will hamper either goal.

Hamper your goal of shortcutting game features? I don't think that would hold much weight.
#24GreatDrakePosted 4/23/2013 1:20:11 PM
I don't think that your level being changed to match the zones level would work very well for one thing so many things are tied to your level, things like what skills you know, talents, glyphs, riding ability, that to change it would be a massive undertaking and most likely cause a lot of bugs. Then there is the fact of how it can affect the economy as it would make it harder to go out and farm lower level mats.
---
Bedlam Boy's Disturbing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puDJun9iCA&feature=related
#25lunchbox2042Posted 4/23/2013 1:23:15 PM
Getting farmed by 90s while questing in Hellfire isn't world pvp.
---
GT: Mr Fn Lunchbox
#26redundanciesPosted 4/24/2013 7:35:41 AM
Hamper your goal of shortcutting game features? I don't think that would hold much weight.

If I'm sixty levels above the monsters in a zone, why shouldn't I be able to be shortcut it?