This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Soloing Cata content

#1EDarienPosted 4/23/2013 10:29:50 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know if a Warlock can solo Cata Heroics? Specifically, I'm looking to get Jaina's staff from End Time for transmog. Curious if people think it's possible/have done it on a Warlock.

Sure people can solo easy on DKs, but I'm curious if it's doable on a Lock.

Any help/advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#2EDarien(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 10:42:13 PM
Oh, right, depending if gear, etc. matters: I'm Destruction ,465 right now. I used to play Aff during Wrath and Cata, so I could probably do whatever's needed if that's the spec to do it. Demo, depends. I loved it back when I started, but this new playstyle it has rubs me wrong. If it's needed, like with Dark Apotheosis, then I'm willing to change out my Aff spec for it, though. Probably make other things easier, too if that's the case.

Anyway, thanks for any help.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#3xheartworkxPosted 4/23/2013 11:22:40 PM
My lock is only 85 but I can't think of anything Jaina does that would make her unsoloable. The problem is making sure you get her as one of your random bosses.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Fourthirteen/advanced
#4Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 4/24/2013 12:18:22 AM
The bomb she drops is a bit of a doozy, but not as much as when no one deals with it.

My DK was a mightly glacier up till the ascended dude in HoT.
---
For topical discussions of the Source Mod remake of Half Life: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683833-black-mesa
#5danw15yrPosted 4/24/2013 1:06:37 AM
As my 85 paladin in 404 gear could, then yes I think you'll be fine.
---
------
We've decided to stop using the term "work, life balance" as this implies that your life has meaning.
#6CacofiendPosted 4/24/2013 4:31:12 AM
Should be easy enough I'd have thought. Two of her abilities you can either dodge or interupt, hopefully your def cooldowns and burst will see you through the rest of it.

Just make sure you clear all nearby trash before hand so nothing gets accidently pulled during the boss fight.
#7EDarien(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 5:30:05 AM
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I figure the biggest problem is making sure I get her. That's part of why I'm asking, actually. I don't think her fight in particular will be hard with either Felhunter/Observer or saccing one of those for the interrupt. That'll help not having to heal the occassional Pyroblast. Everything else is just low melee damage, the bomb and avoidable ice blades.

I'm mostly asking because of Sylvanas, Baine and Tyrande, in that are all 4 of them soloable? So even if she came up 2nd, I wouldn't be stuck just waiting until tomorrow to hope I get her as first boss? Because this is a complete RNG endeavor where I have to hope she's even one of the bosses, then even if she is, hope the staff drops. I figure I'll be at this for a while, but if I have to add in, "Is she the first boss because you can't solo the others" then it might just not even be worth the time it takes to get there.
---
#8fan360Posted 4/24/2013 5:40:23 AM
Don't listen to these "LoL it is easy."

The dps doesn't jump much from Cata to Mop.
At the end of Cata, people are doing 30k.
Now, people are doing 100k. (3 dps)
You don't have an advantage there.
#9EDarien(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 8:07:39 AM
fan360 posted...
Don't listen to these "LoL it is easy."

The dps doesn't jump much from Cata to Mop.
At the end of Cata, people are doing 30k.
You don't have an advantage there.

Well the problem is, as much as I appreciate their replies and supportive tone, it's all speculation. "Should be easy," and the like. I figure Jaina herself will be easy, but I'm talking the instance as a whole, or at least all 4 Echo bosses since it's random which ones I'll have to do.

Also, I'm more hoping for someone with experience to come in here, opposed to the speculation. Like I said, I appreciate the effort of people as it helps w/ confidence, if nothing else, but I was really hoping someone might have pulled it off to tell their story. Google and YouTube is full of DK solos, which is fine, but doesn't help me when I'm going for it on a Warlock.
---
#10halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/24/2013 8:19:52 AM
fan360 posted...

people are doing a bit more than 100k
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest