This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about WoW mailing system

#1tryforcePosted 4/24/2013 2:57:36 AM
I haven't played since Lich king expansion. I was wondering if you can finally mail items/gold to other toons that are on opposite faction (same server)?

You could mail heirlooms to opposite faction but can you mail them to alts on other server now?
#2JiruruPosted 4/24/2013 3:00:57 AM
You cannot send anything but heirlooms cross-faction, and you can send nothing cross-realm.

Man even with all the cross-realm zone crap they added, they still don't have cross-realm mail.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#3woody71Posted 4/24/2013 8:57:55 AM
isn't it possible to trade with someone crosszone?
---
to the Grammar Police!-\/
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1062/50947440.gif
#4HakPosted 4/24/2013 9:12:23 AM
Only mage food I believe.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#5thebladeofwoePosted 4/24/2013 9:20:01 AM
what about placing your characters ( horde and alliance)

in booty bay or Where ever you want that is neutral. the put the item up on auction, then switch over too you other char then buy your item.

it probably doesnt work tbh. hell worth a go right?

(probably going to get flamed now.)
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#6Orestes417Posted 4/24/2013 9:25:03 AM
Can't buy your own auctions. You need a friend to help
---
When Hollywood runs out of Indians, only the Indians will know.
#7thebladeofwoePosted 4/24/2013 9:27:28 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Can't buy your own auctions. You need a friend to help

even if its by two different chars?

if so no problem anyway. he has friends who are horde and alliance (well i presume so anyway.)
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#8tryforce(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 6:41:32 PM
thebladeofwoe posted...

in booty bay or Where ever you want that is neutral. the put the item up on auction, then switch over too you other char then buy your item.

I use to try this but never worked. I had to give my items to friend to put them up then I log onto other toon opposite faction to buy them. This one of the reasons I left WoW for not being altaholic friendly while other mmos let you mail anything to any toons on your account.
#9vahndragonwingPosted 4/25/2013 2:44:59 AM
tryforce posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...

I use to try this but never worked. I had to give my items to friend to put them up then I log onto other toon opposite faction to buy them. This one of the reasons I left WoW for not being altaholic friendly while other mmos let you mail anything to any toons on your account.

lol 'not bring altoholic friendly'

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the economy or anything, it's only there to screw with you leveling alts.
---
IMO
#10tryforce(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 1:38:35 PM

lol 'not bring altoholic friendly'

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the economy or anything, it's only there to screw with you leveling alts.

I have no problem leveling alts (had 8 80s when I left). What I have a problem with is leveling professions multiple times (I leveled all of them). Then having to farm the same recipes rare recipes at least two times for both factions (mostly rare enchants). All this could be avoided just by give the option to send your profession made stuff to any of your alts.