This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if the Blizzard Site sold items for Transmog?

#11EDarienPosted 4/25/2013 4:29:46 PM
I don't hate the idea on the one hand of freedom, do what you want and spend your money how you want. What bothers me is when these companies start with their DLC or otherwise real-money for in-game items, they tend to skimp on the stuff they put in the game for everyone. It's the same reason I don't support DLC on console games.

Expansions are one thing, but if you are going to put the time and effort into something, and charge people a monthly sub, then what you're making should already be in the game. I don't get my panties in a twist over it, but when I see quality fall in games because they're busy hocking "extra" content after the fact, even though it was designed at the same time and released within days of the game its for, I just shake my head at their greed and refuse to support it myself.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#12Xigbar777Posted 4/25/2013 6:43:01 PM
This... is actually a really good idea. I'd be all for this if it happened.

First off, it'd be purely cosmetic, so there's no threat to imbalancing the game. Secondly, it'd be a MASSIVE time-saver. There have been quite a few item models that I thought would make great transmog gear, but I abandoned after seeing what I'd have to GO through just to get for looks. Third, it'd be a convenient way to put item models back into the game that are no longer obtainable through normal gameplay.

Fourth, it would make it so you'd never have to worry about losing your one chance at rare transmog gear. What I mean is, there are certain quests that give out gear with otherwise unique models, and if you have already happened to complete that quest and sold the gear, there's no way to get that model again on that character.

So yeah, count me in the the "this is awesome" crowd. Frankly, I think this would be a much better use of money that buying vanity pets or mounts (neither of which I have ever done.)
---
I'm a soldier in the war against fanboys. My only weapon? Reason.
#13Orestes417Posted 4/25/2013 6:54:03 PM
No one said they'd be selling items already in game
---
When Hollywood runs out of Indians, only the Indians will know.
#14Ashen_VerdictPosted 4/25/2013 6:58:57 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with this just as long as it isn't something you can already obtain in-game and if it were purely cosmetic (no ilvl, no stats, etc.).
---
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... seven asses.
http://i.imgur.com/vMmyK.jpg
#15Darom SunyataPosted 4/25/2013 8:29:56 PM
Only good players deserve to look good. Noobs should shut up and accept looking like s**t. Stupid uppity noobs daring to want things beyond their station.
---
of the Cult of Tharja
#16ToadstoolPeachPosted 4/25/2013 9:44:49 PM
I really can see them doing this, replica armor of past tiers perhaps, the character creation armors, maybe even armors that lore characters have.
#17theFFVIguyPosted 4/26/2013 1:01:15 AM
ToadstoolPeach posted...
I really can see them doing this, replica armor of past tiers perhaps, the character creation armors, maybe even armors that lore characters have.

I'm thinking along the lines of other Blizzard characters. Diablo characters like the paladin, necromancer, and Tyrael for example.
---
"Evil can be found everywhere, but it will never win as long as there are enough good people who fight against it."-Luca Turilli