This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would it be wise to start playing Wow now?

#1Warri0r_Drag0nPosted 4/25/2013 6:20:55 AM
I have played before, but only on my mates account. I have plenty of time to play so would it be good to start as a new player?
---
Pokemon Black [Reco]: 0218 7263 2490
[and now the sequence of events, in no particular order.]
#2juzziebPosted 4/25/2013 6:26:04 AM
Hell no. Better off taking a mount and blade and riding into Iraq than dusting off this piece of ancient history.
#3Brig123Posted 4/25/2013 6:41:16 AM
It's free to play til 20, nothing to lose in taking a shot. If you don't like it nothing's lost, and if you do, you can make an informed choice.

Even terrible MMO's can be fun for a bit, I loved the hell out of SWTOR even tho my opinion soured pretty quickly, those first days were a lot of fun.
#4juzziebPosted 4/25/2013 6:43:22 AM
Brig123 posted...
Even terrible MMO's can be fun for a bit, I loved the hell out of SWTOR even tho my opinion soured pretty quickly, those first days were a lot of fun.

Agreed, I loved WoW up until level 5 then I didn't wanna kill anymore boars =(
#5Dinodude007Posted 4/25/2013 9:52:23 AM
If you have a lot of time to waste on your hands then yes.
---
Pokemon White FC: Chris -- 2623 2820 3100
#6AssultTankPosted 4/25/2013 9:54:30 AM
Honestly, I love WoW.

It's just a matter of preference, I would suggest doing the Free to Play to level 20 to see if you enjoy the basic mechanics. If you don't enjoy that at least somewhat, you probably won't enjoy the game as a whole.
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#7cloudwonend2Posted 4/25/2013 10:02:10 AM
If your question is 'Is it too late to get into the game' the answer is no. You can definitely start playing wow now.

People can say what they like about the fundamentals of the gameplay/graphics etc. but the game itself is very forgiving to new players and allows you to catch up on veterans who've been playing for 8 years very quickly.

Those veterans will always complain its too easy to be caught up on, but its great for new people.
---
"Let's look at the test results... You are a horrible person. That's what it says--a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that." - GlaDOS
#8vahndragonwingPosted 4/25/2013 11:05:51 AM
Also keep in mind that juzzieb is a troll, and a bad one at that. You can basically disregard his posts.
---
IMO
#94sakuraHa0Posted 4/25/2013 11:25:44 AM
Yes, and it is easier to catch up for new players now.

Find a good guild with helpful people (this is the hardest part).
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#10thebladeofwoePosted 4/25/2013 11:52:08 AM
4sakuraHa0 posted...

Find a good guild with helpful people (this is the hardest part).

so far in my 8 months of playing, all i have ever seen is good and helpful. Even some of those spam macro guilds that spam all day in trade chat.

Also TC. if you are not sure about WoW, on the 30th of this month there is a F2P game coming out called "neverwinter" its D&D meets WoW style Game-play. it does look good too. but google it to see for yourself.
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119