This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should i enter LFR as soon as i hit 460?

#1ramzarulesPosted 4/26/2013 9:24:20 AM
And it needs no tactics, no video watching beforehand whatsoever? just get in there, button mash, get loot?
Haven't raided since Wotlk, so i really don't know how easy lfr is, i would like your take on this.
#2vahndragonwingPosted 4/26/2013 9:31:11 AM
If you wanna be a douche who is a burden on the others, sure

It takes all of 20 minutes to look up all the boss strats and run a training dummy to see if you're at the threshold of sucking

You COULD run in and try and just mash buttons for loot, or you could take the modicum of effort and actually do it right
---
IMO
#3WaffIeElitePosted 4/26/2013 9:34:54 AM
vahndragonwing posted...

It takes all of 20 minutes to look up all the boss strats and run a training dummy to see if you're at the threshold of sucking

You COULD run in and try and just mash buttons for loot, or you could take the modicum of effort and actually do it right

Well, LFR is tuned for said button mashing with no idea what's going on...
#4halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/26/2013 9:43:57 AM
even at launch LFR was a joke with everyone at 460, now its basically faceroll unless the tanks and healers are all afk

so yeah, as long as you're a DPS/healer, go for it. Tanks might want to hold off for a bit.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#5keyvenxPosted 4/26/2013 9:55:11 AM
Actually I think you'd enjoy it a little more if you understood what was going on. Sure at this point you probably can stand in fires and get cleaved with the tank while spamming your rotation, but it's more fun to use a modicum of brainpower to play correctly.

Or maybe that's just me.
#6Avery28Posted 4/26/2013 10:28:09 AM
I went into MSV lfr as a blood dk at ilvl465 and had no problems except vs Will of the Emperor and that was because I wasn't healed at some point. Other than that, pretty easy.
---
PSN: Shidasan
Latest Platinums: Star Ocean 4, NNK
#7BushidoMusashiPosted 4/26/2013 10:35:29 AM
vahndragonwing posted...

Unless its your 6th toon and you possess some shred of memory retention and avoid dying every fight. I'd rather have someone pulling 45k dps the whole fight instead of someone at 150k dps that dies 10 seconds into the fight.
---
GT: Purity6of6Evil6
Praeclarum Custodem Ovium Lupum
#8vahndragonwingPosted 4/26/2013 11:02:59 AM
BushidoMusashi posted...
vahndragonwing posted...

Unless its your 6th toon and you possess some shred of memory retention and avoid dying every fight. I'd rather have someone pulling 45k dps the whole fight instead of someone at 150k dps that dies 10 seconds into the fight.

Right, that's why I said to be at the threshold. I've seen some reeeeally bad ilvl 460 DPS. If you're only pulling 20k, hold off.
---
IMO
#9ramzarules(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 11:22:45 AM
All right, thanks for the answers, and no i dont wanna be a burden to 9 others, that's why i asked :)
#10SirGizmoPosted 4/26/2013 11:24:05 AM
LFR is 25 people, not 10. Do it the second you hit 460. Just tell people it is your first time, more often than not people will be okay with it and simply explain the very simplistic fights.
---
""You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott." -SirGizmo