This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should i enter LFR as soon as i hit 460?

#11thatguy181Posted 4/26/2013 11:27:29 AM
If you're a tank, you may want to look up some quick info.

Otherwise, enter, faceroll, don't talk.
#12vahndragonwingPosted 4/26/2013 11:40:01 AM
ramzarules posted...
All right, thanks for the answers, and no i dont wanna be a burden to 9 others, that's why i asked :)

Heres the thing: you didn't give enough info for me to make a better assessment than I did. If you're doing even decent (45-50k) dps and have at least the same level of situational awareness as a goldfish, you should be alright. There are a lot of people, though, that aren't at that level when they hit 460, which is where a lot of the problems in LFR come from.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1197534-Official-LFR-Compilation-FAQ-amp-Tactics

This is a full guide to t14 LFR with detailed descriptions of the strategies and abilities.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/wow/guides/raids/mogushan-vaults-lfr

This is a much more condensed guide that gives you the basics of what you need to know. I suggest AT LEAST looking over the Tentonhammer guide, it'll prepare you a lot. That one is just for MSV, but there are plenty more on the others.

DBM also helps a ton if you don't already have it (you should).

It's not hard, but there are parts where a simple f***up can wind up with you on the kick list, when it's suuuuper easy to just avoid all of it.
---
IMO
#13ramzarules(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 11:44:33 AM
Thanks Vahn, i'll look it up :) What if i end up the only one who knows what he's doing :O ;)
#14vahndragonwingPosted 4/26/2013 11:54:29 AM
ramzarules posted...
Thanks Vahn, i'll look it up :) What if i end up the only one who knows what he's doing :O ;)

While it's doubtful that will be the case given how long it's been out, you'll then be able to explain the fights instead of NOBODY knowing the fight. There really isn't a lot to the bosses either, especially for DPS, it's like

Boss 1 - dont stand in poop, go to whoever you get chained to
Boss 2 - dont stand in poop and hope the tanks picked up the mitigation tools so you don't have to worry about the poop
Boss 3 - hop in totems occasionally to help out, otherwise kill boss

The first 3 are reeeeally easy. But yeah, still recommended to give a quick look-see at some of those sites just so you know what to expect.
---
IMO
#15jackster26Posted 4/26/2013 12:20:22 PM
I start lfr at like ilevel 440. I get my tailor to make the epic boe gloves and chest amd put them in my bag. They domt need to be whatever your class wears as long as they can wear them and you can keep them boe. but im not a bad and can still out dps people even at extremely low ilevel
---
^( '.' )^
#16TloyaPosted 4/26/2013 12:49:18 PM
Do it. The fact that you post on GameFAQs is evidence enough that you play video games with sufficient devotion that you probably don't suck, and not being completely terrible is all you need for LFR. As long as you're queueing as DPS you won't be holding anyone back.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#17TheGreatCheezePosted 4/26/2013 1:10:04 PM
Tloya posted...
Do it. The fact that you post on GameFAQs is evidence enough that you play video games with sufficient devotion that you probably don't suck, and not being completely terrible is all you need for LFR. As long as you're queueing as DPS you won't be holding anyone back.

...eeeeeehhhhhhh, I wouldn't use posting on Gamefaqs as evidence towards competence. Of course I have no idea of TC's ability.

That being said, you can just scan the dungeon journal for any important things. I don't think there's much to worry about in the first ones. I tanked the first LFR right when I hit 460 and things went smooth enough thanks to the other tank giving me tips and looming at the dungeon journal during trash pulls.
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#18Brandonkillen22Posted 4/26/2013 2:51:48 PM
SirGizmo posted...
LFR is 25 people, not 10. Do it the second you hit 460. Just tell people it is your first time, more often than not people will be okay with it and simply explain the very simplistic fights.

sadly you only get a 50/50 chance of getting people who will actually explain the fight. I've sat through more wipes where people spent more time at their keyboard complaining than actually taking the 1 minute time it takes to explain a fight before it begins. chances are if someone was new at the first boss, they are probably going to be new to the rest haha.
#19UnboundAbyssPosted 4/26/2013 3:37:28 PM
I went into ToT lfr without knowing any if the fights what-so-ever and didn't die once.

LFR for dps is basically designed for auto-attacking and then tabbing out, come back 5 minutes later and collect your gold (I say gold b.c loot never drops for me or almost anyone else in the group)
---
Why should you care if someone has what you have if looks cool to you? oh right you wanna be a special snowflake. :l - shawn10000000
#20Ness0123456789Posted 4/26/2013 4:09:48 PM
I went into ToT lfr without knowing any if the fights what-so-ever and didn't die once.

LFR for dps is basically designed for auto-attacking and then tabbing out, come back 5 minutes later and collect your gold (I say gold b.c loot never drops for me or almost anyone else in the group)

I'm assuming you only did the first wing? Because alt tabbing and auto-attacking on any of the other bosses with the exception of Tortos, Primordius, and the Dark Animus will end up with you dead within a minute, if not sooner.

ToT LFR is still easy mode compared to Normal, but it's a fairly significant step up in difficulty over the Tier 14 LFR Raids.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI