This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are Prot Warriors compared to other tanks?

#1SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/26/2013 9:48:31 AM
I'm starting a Prot Warrior alt that I'll be leveling with a Holy Pally through dungeons (with RAF) and I'm wondering how Prot Warriors are at 90.

I tanked as Druid throughout BC, Wrath, a little in Cata and a few Heroics in MoP, but no raids or current content. I had a DK that tanked in Wrath, but haven't touched it since 82.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#2Slyk90Posted 4/26/2013 10:44:36 AM
I am currently leveling aProt war. He's only 85, ive tanked the whole way without issues.
I tanked a monk to 85 as well.
But playing the game as long as I have noticing others tank, I can see that Prot is taking a little more effort than others, especially due to lack of self healing, you really need to have a decent healer if your lvling surrent lvl dungeons.

Manly as hell tank though, probably the most fun too, ive seen prot warriors tank raids just fine, I guess its really just about your skill lvl.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N
#3BigEpPosted 4/26/2013 11:11:46 AM
I have a 90 prot warrior and prot pally. Pally is the safer class to play just due to all the utility that comes with it. But a prot warrior, in my opinion, is sooo much more fun to play than prot pally. The mobility of prot warriors is really advantageous and adds to the fun. I never really have a problem with threat on the warrior and if there is some fight with tons of adds, the taunt banner takes care of that.

Obviously, the lack of self heals is the biggest disadvantage. You will have the shield bubble, the 6 sec block and other defensive cd's that compensate for the lack of heals. In a hypothetical where I'm given a competent healer and the choose of tanking as a pally or warrior, ill take warrior all day.
#4jackster26Posted 4/26/2013 11:16:10 AM
Warriors are number 2 right behind pallys in end game.
---
^( '.' )^
#5Slyk90Posted 4/26/2013 11:17:27 AM
The dude above me said it perfect.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N
#6Lightning BoltPosted 4/26/2013 11:21:53 AM
Dps is a bit poor, smoothing is fine, raid utility is great, mobility is great, damage reduction is good, control is alright.
And for low levels, Prot Warriors wreck absolute face.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#7SA_X_Mk_II(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 11:29:18 AM
I'm liking what I hear so far.

Only thing I hate: no Heirloom shield. T_T

Always been curious about Warriors since BC when I started tanking on my Druid, but never really wanted to level one.
Now with 3x EXP from RAF and seeing how fast my Shaman leveled to near 80, plus my fiancee wanting to go Holy Pally, I think this will be a perfect time to level one.

Insta-queue all day long! ^_^
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.