This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

when this game dies...

#1AngelicTouch99Posted 4/27/2013 2:43:37 AM
However long, 5 years, 10......what will be the agreed point of when this jumped the shark? Has it not happened yet? I think it will be Cataclysm but I know I am biased.

Note that Jumped The Shark doesn't necessarily mean the sales dropped, so please don't cite release day sales as to why x doesn't qualify
---
http://i.imgur.com/LiaOVGS.gif
#2CanadaTopPosted 4/27/2013 3:16:23 AM
already happened, 3.2
---
http://www.r-word.org/
spread the word to end the word
#3Little ZardarPosted 4/27/2013 3:18:45 AM
Sargeras available in LFR
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#4kingdrake2Posted 4/27/2013 11:27:14 AM
it likely will die when they get a severe loss of subscribers. they can create more content after sargeras if people are still playing.
---
They literally gave him the keys to the kingdom and he pissed it all away--dragonballer88
#5angrywalrus13Posted 4/27/2013 11:29:28 AM
The only marked drop in quality I know of is post-launch Cataclysm content. MoP picked it up and then some. So it...jumped the shark for a year and then jumped back over? I don't know.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#6muffinz10Posted 4/27/2013 11:35:22 AM
CanadaTop posted...
already happened, 3.2

So brave.

Little Zardar posted...
Sargeras available in LFR

lolore
---
---
#7EDarienPosted 4/27/2013 12:24:28 PM
Straight lore, I think the death of Arthas is where those people will point. Though some might go earlier and say that killing Kael'thas twice was where Blizz really dropped the ball. This'll likely depend on Wrath-baby vs "vanilla/BC" generation of player. Anyone newer than that doesn't likely care too heavily about the lore for this to be a factor.

The "WoW is srs bizness" folk will point to "pandaland" aka "kung fu panda".

Gameplay, some might point to the spamming and simplification that Wrath brought. Others to the talent changes in Cata, others to the changes for 5.0 as the day WoW died.

Basically everyone, on an individual level, is going to point to their least favorite change and pretend that was the nail in the coffin that officially ended WoW.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#8ryanell666Posted 4/27/2013 12:29:16 PM(edited)
CanadaTop posted...
already happened, 3.2

truth

EDarien posted...
Basically everyone, on an individual level, is going to point to their least favorite change and pretend that was the nail in the coffin that officially ended WoW.

since that certain "nail in the coffin", there has been no population growth....
#9Dinodude007Posted 4/27/2013 2:10:57 PM
WoW will never die.
---
Pokemon White FC: Chris -- 2623 2820 3100
#10AceronPosted 4/27/2013 2:50:12 PM
Jumping the Shark is signified by an act of shameless sensationalism that's an obvious attempt to draw attention to a faltering franchise. (I.E. the eponymous Shark Jumping scene from Happy Days)

So, nothing like that has happened in WoW, yet. But it'll be obvious when it does.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL