This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

when this game dies...

#21count_hamsteinPosted 4/27/2013 9:07:41 PM
Blizzard will release another MMO, to make people but it and move on from WoW they'll likely have bonuses that carry over for in-game pets or titles.

People will leave WoW for the new game. People just don't want to quit cause like for me I've got 100 hours into WoW, I'd rather stick to that than a different MMO.
---
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - Abraham Lincoln
#22halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/28/2013 4:01:37 AM
ryanell666 posted...
In the last year of WLK that was when the subs started to drop. Some didn't like the continuing handicapping, and no content for a year, that hurt subs as well.

Actually no. It was AFTER Cataclysm released that the subs started dropping, they rose the entire last year of WotLK. If we're going to try to figure out WHY the subs dropped, I'd say it lost a lot of people who were "done" with Warcraft after killing Arthas and also lost a lot of people who didnt find the Cataclysm content fun and then lost some more people who didnt raid and realized cataclysm had almost noting outside of raids to do besides level alts.

ryanell666 posted...
AND ANOTHER THING!!!!....I like that little dip around Mar '09 and Jun '09,....around the time of the Uldar patch!...like the intial shot through the gut, that doesn't kill you yet, and you still have enough strength to get to the 12 million mark, only to feel your body give up strentgth and fall when you get there....and you start to bleed more {subs}.....

I dont quite see the problem with a raid that is well loved by basically anyone who played it while current, but whatever, you stopped making logical conclusions quite a while ago.

ryanell666 posted...
..anyways....thanks for proving my point!

Not sure how you twisted this to "prove" your point(other than incorrectly remembering when patches released to conincide with sub drops/rises), as the facts show you are objectively wrong on multiple fronts
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#23ryanell666Posted 4/28/2013 12:27:39 PM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Actually no. It was AFTER Cataclysm released that the subs started dropping, they rose the entire last year of WotLK. If we're going to try to figure out WHY the subs dropped, I'd say it lost a lot of people who were "done" with Warcraft after killing Arthas and also lost a lot of people who didnt find the Cataclysm content fun and then lost some more people who didnt raid and realized cataclysm had almost noting outside of raids to do besides level alts.

So you make this assumption based on the idea that everyone is a lore-whore? Even if everyone was, you think (back then) the recent focus on Titans and Old-Gods would infuse more lore to work out of?

I dont quite see the problem with a raid that is well loved by basically anyone who played it while current, but whatever, you stopped making logical conclusions quite a while ago.

"basically loved"...Well received it may be, which I never denied either, but other things were going on during that time which you (and others) seem to ignore just for the sake of saving face, and flaming the guy who brings the facts to his arguement....but that's okay, you'll have your bubble, I'll have my pedastal, and all is right in the world.....

Not sure how you twisted this to "prove" your point(other than incorrectly remembering when patches released to conincide with sub drops/rises), as the facts show you are objectively wrong on multiple fronts

In other words, your ignorance is my bliss.

I get my info (well, not "my" info; since this is GENERAL KNOWLEDGE to anyone who pays attention to the history of WoW's development) from sites like WoWwiki, that keeps a pretty accurate timeline of when patches were released and what were in those patches.

The point has been proved, except not in the way YOU wanted it. If anyone doing any twisting it's you.....
#24halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/28/2013 2:05:31 PM
ryanell666 posted...
"basically loved"...Well received it may be, which I never denied either, but other things were going on during that time which you (and others) seem to ignore just for the sake of saving face, and flaming the guy who brings the facts to his argument....but that's okay, you'll have your bubble, I'll have my pedastal, and all is right in the world.....

Other things such as? Please, enlighten me on what came about during Ulduar that was so terrible that it caused a mass exodus of hardcore players and brought in more casual players, because I cannot remember.

ryanell666 posted...
I get my info (well, not "my" info; since this is GENERAL KNOWLEDGE to anyone who pays attention to the history of WoW's development) from sites like WoWwiki, that keeps a pretty accurate timeline of when patches were released and what were in those patches.

I consulted WoW Wiki's patch history and it says 3.3 was released on 12/8/09, yet that graph(based upon Blizzards own numbers) clearly show population growth until after Cataclysm was released(12/07/10). That doesnt support your argument that subs declined during the last year of WotLK at all. No twisting, that's pure numbers straight from the most reliable source we have(blizzards own numbers).

Ulduar somehow being a "shot to the gut" is completely nonsensical and not supported by the facts we have AT ALL, its merely your opinion(an opinion that isnt supported by the numbers, either). And then claiming that nerfing the cataclysm heroics is what caused the slide of subs is also more opinion than fact(subs dropped more from 4.0 to 4.1 than from 4.1 to 4.2, despite the nerfs to heroics in 4.1 that you claim caused a massive loss of subs).

ryanell666 posted...
The point has been proved, except not in the way YOU wanted it. If anyone doing any twisting it's you.....

Is your point that everything you post doesnt line up with the numbers? Because thats the only point I've been able to get out of your post. You claim subs dropped during the last year of WotLK, that's factually wrong. You claim the nerfing of cataclysm heroics caused a bigger sub drop than the initial difficulty, thats factually wrong. What IS your point, exactly? That you cant read a graph and make a coherent argument based upon facts, so you resort to making nonsensical statements and claiming I'm the one twisting the facts(even though everything I've said is clearly supported by official numbers and not opinions like most of your "facts").

TL;DR: Basically every thing you claim is either an opinion(and not supported by facts) or factually wrong/inaccurate.
---
The Greatest
#25KingsofroninPosted 4/28/2013 4:46:21 PM
count_hamstein posted...
Blizzard will release another MMO, to make people but it and move on from WoW they'll likely have bonuses that carry over for in-game pets or titles.

People will leave WoW for the new game. People just don't want to quit cause like for me I've got 100 hours into WoW, I'd rather stick to that than a different MMO.

Someone's a little behind on the news. Blizzard's been working on their new MMO for about 4 years now. The manager over at the Diablo III studios was just switched over to start helping with the new MMO, which means I think it's in full-out production as I type this. WOW will be subscription for maybe another year...then it'll go free to play and see a big rise in player base. 2 years after that, the new MMO should come out and everything will be gravy.
---
League of Legends ID: Ligaea
#26halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/28/2013 5:10:25 PM
Kingsofronin posted...
Someone's a little behind on the news. Blizzard's been working on their new MMO for about 4 years now. The manager over at the Diablo III studios was just switched over to start helping with the new MMO, which means I think it's in full-out production as I type this. WOW will be subscription for maybe another year...then it'll go free to play and see a big rise in player base. 2 years after that, the new MMO should come out and everything will be gravy.

lmao if you think wow will go F2P in the near future

they could literally lose half their current subs and still turn enough of a profit to keep churning out expansions and patches
---
The Greatest