This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Blizz say they hated twinks years ago....

#1Hoops01Posted 4/28/2013 2:11:35 AM
Yet made something much worse for the new player with people fully loaded on heirlooms in battlegrounds

I feel really sorry for the new player who dares goes into a BG when levelling.

With falling subscribers you would think Blizzard would be trying to entice new players not beat the off with a stick!
#2SIashPosted 4/28/2013 2:16:07 AM
Hoops01 posted...
Yet made something much worse for the new player with people fully loaded on heirlooms in battlegrounds

With falling subscribers you would think Blizzard would be trying to entice new players not beat the off with a stick!

Heirloom gear is not twinked gear
---
Proud and exclusive member of BeautifulPeople.com
#3Little ZardarPosted 4/28/2013 2:21:16 AM
they were talking about actual twinks.
blizz is a manly corporation and as such creates manly games. hearing compliants or suggestions for "new hairstyles pls w/ hilites" from their twink playerbase makes them roll their eyes
---
http://i.imgur.com/2EJdw.gif
Rogue PvP in a nutshell.
#4ElaeusPosted 4/28/2013 2:22:14 AM
Little Zardar posted...
they were talking about actual twinks.
blizz is a manly corporation and as such creates manly games. hearing compliants or suggestions for "new hairstyles pls w/ hilites" from their twink playerbase makes them roll their eyes

the **** did i just read
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#5Hoops01(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:24:26 AM
SIash posted...
Hoops01 posted...

How is it anything different. If anything it is worse? People can only wear the gear if they already have a level 90. New players are unable to gain that advantage. That is called twinking.
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2013 2:45:28 AM
Hoops01 posted...
SIash posted...
Hoops01 posted...

How is it anything different. If anything it is worse? People can only wear the gear if they already have a level 90. New players are unable to gain that advantage. That is called twinking.

You don't need to be level 90 to get boa gear, hell I think you can get boa gear on a free to play account.

BG, trade honor for jp. Get BOA, or get honor boa gear with honor points
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#7stopreadnamethxPosted 4/28/2013 5:44:05 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Hoops01 posted...
SIash posted...
Hoops01 posted...

You don't need to be level 90 to get boa gear, hell I think you can get boa gear on a free to play account.

by the time you get enough honor or justice points for boa gear you're halfway to level cap, provided you start at level 10

helmets shoulderpads and rings make it exceptionally stupid to take on any non-BoA characters in the first bg brackets. healers are virtually nigh-unkillable as it is in regular gear

i think blizz should just make it so BoA gear has 0 stats in bgs if a player already has a level 90 surely he can offset those stats with his skill, provided he's at the very least above an above average player

if not he deserves to be at a disadvantage anyway
---
stopreadsigkthxbai
#8BoozerbearPosted 4/28/2013 6:16:23 AM
lvl 19 twinks bliz felt didn't have the unique ability that each class gets that makes them feel like you're really playing that class.
---
Server first
Death's Demise-Grand Crusader-Immortal
#9Hoops01(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 6:59:59 AM
stopreadnamethx posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Hoops01 posted...
SIash posted...
Hoops01 posted...

by the time you get enough honor or justice points for boa gear you're halfway to level cap, provided you start at level 10

helmets shoulderpads and rings make it exceptionally stupid to take on any non-BoA characters in the first bg brackets. healers are virtually nigh-unkillable as it is in regular gear

i think blizz should just make it so BoA gear has 0 stats in bgs if a player already has a level 90 surely he can offset those stats with his skill, provided he's at the very least above an above average player

if not he deserves to be at a disadvantage anyway

I agree with everything you say
#10Egxamer1Posted 4/28/2013 7:34:19 AM
I thought true twinks were separated from the general leveling population when they created the xp off on different cues from those with xp on.

Now you get what? Just a few wins before leveling out a bracket?
---
I am slaying all the bosses, I am winning all the dailies, I am doing all the dps, I am dating Mila Kunis, I am killing all the arenas, I belief in my Smelf.