This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Blizz say they hated twinks years ago....

#11Lucius43Posted 4/28/2013 7:52:54 AM
idk why PvP is even in the game sub level cap.

maybe they keep it so that you can see what happens to PvP balance when they actually aren't trying, so you can't accuse them of not trying with endgame PvP (they are just bad at balancing)
#12nimatoda666Posted 4/28/2013 12:41:31 PM
Twinks used to be really fun and even if you weren't one bgs were fun. Now the balance is absolutely disgusting, and if you don't have heirlooms you get annihilated by the insanely op classes. Low level bgs are terrible, they seriously need to redesign them.
#13BIMHBPosted 4/28/2013 12:58:13 PM
Lucius43 posted...
idk why PvP is even in the game sub level cap.

maybe they keep it so that you can see what happens to PvP balance when they actually aren't trying, so you can't accuse them of not trying with endgame PvP (they are just bad at balancing)

i would literally never level if there was no low lvl pvp. dungeons and questing is way too boring
---
Bush is my homeboy.
#14TheGreatCheezePosted 4/28/2013 1:29:58 PM
Why are Blizz such homophobes?
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#15_MorningStarPosted 4/28/2013 1:32:01 PM
they were talking about actual twinks.
blizz is a manly corporation and as such creates manly games. hearing compliants or suggestions for "new hairstyles pls w/ hilites" from their twink playerbase makes them roll their eyes

These Jimmies are in maximum overrustle right now.
---
#believeintheshield
http://imgur.com/La8tQDB.jpg
#16MorgasaurusPosted 4/28/2013 2:43:31 PM
"Why did Blizz say they hated twinks years ago...."

They were probably catering to the bear community.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#17metroidfreakv4Posted 4/28/2013 3:11:51 PM
Elaeus posted...
Little Zardar posted...
they were talking about actual twinks.
blizz is a manly corporation and as such creates manly games. hearing compliants or suggestions for "new hairstyles pls w/ hilites" from their twink playerbase makes them roll their eyes

the **** did i just read

El and Zarder for gfaqs president. And then have me coop xtrat and wrym be your cabinet. Nightbird and the other trolls are terrorists. This is happening
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SO-HGwxJNg
#18fan360Posted 4/28/2013 4:10:04 PM
It is odd that PvP didn't give exp in the past.
#19koujimorenoPosted 4/28/2013 5:44:06 PM
SIash posted...
Hoops01 posted...
Yet made something much worse for the new player with people fully loaded on heirlooms in battlegrounds

I feel really sorry for the new player who dares goes into a BG when levelling.

With falling subscribers you would think Blizzard would be trying to entice new players not beat the off with a stick!

Heirloom gear is not twinked gear

Heirloom gear is better than the twink gear at the time though.

19, 29, 39 and 49 brackets was were the twink community thrived. Now with twinking done away with and many players using BoA gear, a new player basically runs into a mostly twinked group in every BG. Not sure what blizzard was trying to accomplish with destroying twinks but it seems they just made things worse.
#20Dark SymphonyPosted 4/28/2013 8:27:00 PM
I think they like the fact that most people seek out a lvl 90 character to get heirloom gear. And Blizzard can control it directly rather than having a bunch of players essentially use a series of loopholes to get advantages which requires them to make sweeping game changes to counter. Buying gold + Internet was a super effective way to create twinks. Now people are better off leveling high characters. Or at least that's what people think.

On our end it doesn't really make things better. In fact it's worse as pointed out. But I think it was a change they made for their sake. I was twinking like crazy, didn't care to play the regular game at all and would cancel and resub when I felt like. Definitely not the participation they were looking for.