This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't this game have dynamic events?

#21Orestes417Posted 4/28/2013 3:08:39 PM
You could level to 80 flower picking and cooking in GW2 if you really wanted to. Probably faster than straight up monster kills
---
When Hollywood runs out of Indians, only the Indians will know.
#22TheGreatCheezePosted 4/28/2013 3:26:14 PM
Orestes417 posted...
You could level to 80 flower picking and cooking in GW2 if you really wanted to. Probably faster than straight up monster kills

There was a druid during Wrath (I think) that leveled up with only professions, she didn't kill anything, at all.
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#23Ness0123456789Posted 4/28/2013 4:13:29 PM
ryanell666 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
It's only casual if you count the fact you can do everything pretty much solo without a guild, as opposed to needing 20 other people do get anything done in WoW. I would call that revolutionary.

a single player RPG experience is 'revolutionary'?

then what the hell was Final Fantasy 1-10, 12 & 13 all about?...Dragonquest?.....Chrono-trigger?

last I checked, in a REAL MMORPG, you need people to overcome any said challenges....

Sorry, I didn't mean solo as alone. I meant it in meaning because of the revolutionary grouping mechanics you can join in as needed. Also since instances only need 5 people you don't have to schedule for 20 other people to be on at the same time so you can get a belt 1% better than what you currently have.

And frankly you should have known what I meant if you have any experience with the game.

You do realize that with the addition of Ascended Gear in GW2, you ARE, in fact, doing Dungeons (in particular the Fractals of the Mist) for, literally, a 1% increase in stats. Oh, and of course for the Agony resistance, which is a mandatory requirement for later Fractals, as Agony can do damage to you regardless of your ability to dodge.

You may wanna know how GW2 actually works before you try to put down WoW.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#24SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/29/2013 4:43:04 AM
It's 2013...are you even trying?

Release date: November 23, 2004
Current date: April 29, 2013

Nearly 9 years and still running strong... I don't think they really need to try too hard at this point.

Besides, if you mean "dynamic events" as in "I walked in the cave and got a quest to kill the thing everyone is already attacking", it doesn't have that and doesn't really need it.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#25ElaeusPosted 4/29/2013 5:18:04 AM(edited)
Jiruru posted...
Does this game even lift?

I think it DTFs.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#26webbc99Posted 4/29/2013 7:39:27 AM
WoW has had dynamic events in the past. Things like the Scourge patch when Naxx 40 opened. You had to go to these spots on the map to kill the scourge. It was a long time ago, and my memory is failing me, but you could get some nice anti-undead gear from the vendor iirc.

Also the portal/elementals when TBC was coming out... Similar thing.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls
#27HakPosted 4/29/2013 8:26:17 AM
Please don't bring up GW2 for these. You're overlooking WAR (which is easy to do I suppose), and Rikti Mothership raids in City of Heroes - if one group completed the alien invasion task force, the aliens would counter by attacking a random zone. Even better, the mobs that spawned were "unlevelled", meaning that any character of any level would inflict and receive comparable damage, regardless if it was a level 1 or a level 50, so anyone on the server could join in and actually make a difference.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa