This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really wanna solo Blackwing Lair but can't

#1count_hamsteinPosted 4/29/2013 9:53:21 AM
There's so many cool battle pets that drop there. But I can't solo the first boss (Razorgore) with a feral Druid. And nobody wants to help cause its out of the way and useless old content.
---
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - Abraham Lincoln
#2Cronosaber13Posted 4/29/2013 9:59:36 AM
just go bear form so you can take some damage and use the orb to mind control the guy and kill all the eggs. did it on my hunter trying to get the dragonstalker stuff
#3GreatDrakePosted 4/29/2013 10:04:06 AM
Yeah I've solo'ed the first boss on both a elemental shaman and a monk
---
Bedlam Boy's Disturbing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puDJun9iCA&feature=related
#4BrainJitsuPosted 4/29/2013 10:05:57 AM
Start off going bear form. If you actually have a Guardian spec, make sure to be in it.

Immediately kill the 3 adds and click the orb as soon as possible. start by blowing up the closest egg to Razorgore, and then proceed to move him towards your character, blowing up each egg that's in your path when the cooldown is available to use it again.

Blow up all the eggs on your side of the room as you can. When adds begin to appear, target the dragonkin and use Razorgore's sleep dragonkin ability on them (fifth ability on his bar). This can be used on multiple dragonkin and lasts 30 seconds. Each use adds up.

When the channel time is really really low, move Razorgore to the opposite end of the room. When it expires, AoE down as much as you can very quickly and pop any healing or defensive CD's. When you cleared enough adds, re-click the orb and continue rushing all the eggs. Don't worry if Razorgore starts getting adds on him. If you've been killing eggs on CD, you should be able to zerg the rest of the encounter with him taking some damage. Just be sure to keep sleeping any dragons you can that are attacking razorgore.

It may still take you a few tries to get this pattern down, but it's the simplest, easiest solo solution for nearly every class.
---
Nerf Paper. Scissors is fine.
-Sincerely, Rock.
#5HymnToHimPosted 4/29/2013 10:26:24 AM
Just bring another person...
#6SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/29/2013 11:46:39 AM
Start off going bear form. If you actually have a Guardian spec, make sure to be in it.

Immediately kill the 3 adds and click the orb as soon as possible. start by blowing up the closest egg to Razorgore, and then proceed to move him towards your character, blowing up each egg that's in your path when the cooldown is available to use it again.

Blow up all the eggs on your side of the room as you can. When adds begin to appear, target the dragonkin and use Razorgore's sleep dragonkin ability on them (fifth ability on his bar). This can be used on multiple dragonkin and lasts 30 seconds. Each use adds up.

When the channel time is really really low, move Razorgore to the opposite end of the room. When it expires, AoE down as much as you can very quickly and pop any healing or defensive CD's. When you cleared enough adds, re-click the orb and continue rushing all the eggs. Don't worry if Razorgore starts getting adds on him. If you've been killing eggs on CD, you should be able to zerg the rest of the encounter with him taking some damage. Just be sure to keep sleeping any dragons you can that are attacking razorgore.

It may still take you a few tries to get this pattern down, but it's the simplest, easiest solo solution for nearly every class.

^
This.
You're doing it right.

Just bring another person...

^
Reading is hard.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#7FreezingMoonPosted 4/29/2013 12:21:59 PM
Was able to this on my Shaman(88), DK(87), Priest(87) and Warlock(88). You should have no problem to do it as a druid if you are level capped. Tried it on my Rogue but at 86 he took too much damage at the end. The only other problem I have is Razorgore getting killed but if you have some HoT you should be able to pull the mobs off him. I also read that if you click the portrait and dismiss the channel instead of letting it expire that will help with the threat. But Guardian spec this fight should be a breeze.

You may have a problem with Vael too. Its a DPS check that isnt suited to some classes, you might be better or going balance on that one.
#8FreezingMoonPosted 4/29/2013 12:24:55 PM
Also, it is easier if you let him come to you and then take control of the orb. Then work the eggs nearest you first and then zig zag it to the far end of the room
#9kingdrake2Posted 4/29/2013 1:46:22 PM
1 warrior + second wind=cannot die.

maybe razorgore can if he gets ganged up too much.
---
They literally gave him the keys to the kingdom and he pissed it all away--dragonballer88
#10Super_ArcherPosted 4/29/2013 1:50:30 PM
I tried this a few months back as a Mage, and I had trouble keeping Razorgore alive. My health was fine, it's just that he is fragile and does a OHKO when he dies

will check out BrainJitsu's strat soon, thank you for posting it
---
http://i.imgur.com/kWhI8mP.jpg