This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lordaeron post cata

#1Master_LynkPosted 4/29/2013 1:52:42 PM(edited)
I was thinking about Lordaeron the other day thumbing through my players guide and I came to the conclusion that the Alliance is totally underpowered now that they lost Hillsbrad Foothills.

Tiristful Glades = All Horde
Silverpine Forest - All Horde
Gilneas = half and half
Hillsbrad (now) = All Horde (Only Alliance is the tiny Stormpike camp in Alteric)
Western Plaugelands = half and half
hinterlands - half and half
Eversong Wood = All Horde
Ghostlands = All Horde
Arathi Highlands = Half and Half (though it seems mostly Horde minus refuge point.)
Eastern Plaguelands = neutral (all Argent Dawn).

Thats a total of 5 completely Horde areas, 4 contested and 1 neutral. Hillsbrad wasn't even all Alliance it was split down the middle with Southshore/ hillsbrad fields and Tarren Mill. Personally I think it sucks because after playing WCII Act I I was all excited to see Hillsbrad and Southshore but no the Horde had to take that too.
If I were making the decisions I think I would have the Alliance take like Durnholde Keep and route out the Syndicate from the region so than at least there would be some Alliance presence in Southern Lordaeron.
#2jackster26Posted 4/29/2013 1:50:29 PM
Maybe im just special or im reading that wrong. Or... So you are saying alliance is overpowered because they lost a bunch of zones to horde?

I dont get it.
---
^( '.' )^
#3JiruruPosted 4/29/2013 1:54:22 PM(edited)
Overpowered as in overwhelmed, like "there were overpowered by the other army" meaning they lost, not that the other army made them too strong.

(Or the post could just be edited to use different word instead I guess.)

Tutturu~

---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#4Master_Lynk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 1:55:53 PM(edited)
whoops I meant to say underpowered, I edited it. Now that I'm thinking about it I guess they were overwhelmed even with Hillsbrad since it was a contested area but now their even more f**ked.
#5jackster26Posted 4/29/2013 1:55:17 PM
Aight now it makes sense lol.
---
^( '.' )^
#6Major GamerPosted 4/29/2013 2:32:38 PM
It seems weird you are saying Alliance is underpowered by looking at horde controlled zones while you are ignoring alliance controlled zones.
---
Can excessive stupidity be a valid reason for moderation?
http://backloggery.com/majorgamer
#7JiruruPosted 4/29/2013 2:39:11 PM
Major Gamer posted...
It seems weird you are saying Alliance is underpowered by looking at horde controlled zones while you are ignoring alliance controlled zones.

How many Alliance-controlled zones are in Lordaeron? There aren't exactly many to ignore in the first place.
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#8TloyaPosted 4/29/2013 3:02:40 PM
I'm not sure I understand what this topic is getting at. The nation of Lordaeron was basically wiped out by the Scourge, and the Forsaken have claimed what's left. Their neighbors in Silvermoon also joined the Horde. Of course it's Horde-dominated--for the same reasons that Elwynn, Westfall, Redridge and Duskwood are Alliance-dominated.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#9AmakusaPosted 4/29/2013 3:12:31 PM
Half of those zones you listed aren't even part of Lordaeron.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#10Major GamerPosted 4/29/2013 3:18:17 PM
Major Gamer posted...

How many Alliance-controlled zones are in Lordaeron? There aren't exactly many to ignore in the first place.

Lordaeron is only in one zone, so listing multiple horde controlled zones means Lordaeron-only was off the table from the start.
---
Can excessive stupidity be a valid reason for moderation?
http://backloggery.com/majorgamer