This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lordaeron post cata

#11Master_Lynk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 4:42:36 PM
Major Gamer posted...
Major Gamer posted...
It seems weird you are saying Alliance is underpowered by looking at horde controlled zones while you are ignoring alliance controlled zones.

How many Alliance-controlled zones are in Lordaeron? There aren't exactly many to ignore in the first place.

Lordaeron is only in one zone, so listing multiple horde controlled zones means Lordaeron-only was off the table from the start.

The entire continent west of the wet lands is called Lordaeron. Their was also a country and city called Lordaeron yes but in general the continent also shares the name

http://www.wowwiki.com/Lordaeron

It's like Azeroth being a continent and the name of the world.
#12tote_allPosted 4/29/2013 5:20:29 PM
The entire continent west of the wet lands is called Lordaeron. Their was also a country and city called Lordaeron yes but in general the continent also shares the name

So, according to you, the continent is called Azeroth and Lordaeron and Eastern Kingdoms?
---
http://i.imgur.com/4u1biRF.png
http://i.imgur.com/nYihXfu.png
#13Master_Lynk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 5:33:47 PM(edited)
tote_all posted...

So, according to you, the continent is called Azeroth and Lordaeron and Eastern Kingdoms?

No just the northern part of the Eastern Kingdom. Its not according to me its according to Warcraft. The two Eastern human kingdoms were Azeroth to the south and Lordaeron to the North.

"Lordaeron is a continent and a former human kingdom (aka Lordaeron Empire[2]) of the Eastern Kingdoms."
#14AmakusaPosted 4/29/2013 5:58:50 PM
I looked into where you got the idea that Lordaeron was a continent from, and apparently it came out of the defunct Warcraft RPGs. Especially since the pages also claimed that Khaz Modan was a continent.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#15UnrivaledKoopaPosted 4/29/2013 6:25:14 PM
Amakusa posted...
I looked into where you got the idea that Lordaeron was a continent from, and apparently it came out of the defunct Warcraft RPGs. Especially since the pages also claimed that Khaz Modan was a continent.

It's not just there. There are three continents of the "Old World". Lordaeron, Khaz Modan, and Azeroth. This has been established since Warcraft 2 and has been reinforced by every manual since. Kalimdor is more of a "new world" as far as the Orcs and Humans are concerned, so it hasn't really been divided up the same way.
#16Sir WillPosted 4/29/2013 10:43:13 PM
Blizz sucked at naming things early on.... Seriously, why use the same name for multiple things so much?
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#17LightHawKnightPosted 4/29/2013 10:59:20 PM
I really don't see why the Argent Crusade or the Argent Dawn don't start kicking some forsaken ass. Specially with how they are corrupting the land they are trying to heal.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#18TloyaPosted 4/29/2013 11:15:17 PM
Blizz sucked at naming things early on.... Seriously, why use the same name for multiple things so much?

They didn't have the foresight to realize how much the Warcraft universe would grow. When the series started it was actually going to be an RTS set in the Warhammer universe, but something came up that caused the Warhammer people to withdraw from the project. Since they didn't want to waste an already half-finished game, Blizz just renamed it Warcraft and decided to come up with their own world/story. Back when it was just humans and orcs they only needed the one human kingdom to be fighting the orcs, so they made the Kingdom of Azeroth with a capital city of Stormwind.

Then Warcraft: Orcs and Humans was pretty successful so they decided to work on a sequel. For story purposes (and single-player campaign was a bigger deal back then, this was before Battle.net or the proliferation of the internet so many fewer people played multiplayer) they had to make it so the orc campaign in WC1 was the canonical ending--where the orcs win and raze Stormwind--so they needed to expand human civilization. To accomplish this they changed Azeroth from a nation to a continent and created the Seven Kingdoms: Stormwind/Azeroth, Lordaeron, Dalaran, Alterac, Gilneas, Stromgarde, and Kul Tiras, not to mention Khaz Modan for dwarves and Quel'thalas for elves.

WC2 was an even bigger hit, and the birth of Battle.net allowing easy online multiplayer with strangers made it even more successful. In the meantime, the Starcraft and Diablo series became enormously successful and elevated Blizzard to one of the biggest names in PC gaming. So of course, there had to be a Warcraft 3, and of course, to make it sufficiently epic they had to further expand the world. So they brought the demons to the forefront with the Burning Legion, and they vastly expanded the lore for Titans and Dragons, and they added the night elves and created the undead scourge and tossed in dozens of new non-playable races using just about every fantasy staple in the book... and of course, this meant the world needed to grow again, so Kalimdor and Northrend were added, and Azeroth went from being the name of the eastern continent to the name of the whole world.

...These growth retcons wound up having the odd side-effect of leaving the largest surviving human kingdom and the most heavily populated continent on the planet without official names of their own, so we just have to call them Stormwind and Eastern Kingdoms. Interestingly, a similar thing happened with Lordaeron, where there was simply "the Kingdom of Lordaeron" in WC2, and so in WC3 when it needed to be mapped out more heavily, the capital city never got a name--Sylvanas wars with the dreadlords over "the Capital," and the area above what is now Undercity is simply called "Ruins of Lordaeron."
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#19XSerenadEXPosted 4/30/2013 12:21:34 AM
The only significance Lordaeron has anymore is being a leveling zone for the Forsaken. The Alliance is currently dealing with Garrosh in Pandaria, they don't care about their presence in Lordaeron. If anything, the Eastern Kingdoms have been divided into a Horde North and Alliance South, split quite literally by a strait connecting the Great and Forbidding Seas. The Dwaren population extends slightly into Arathi, but that's about it. Likewise, the Forsaken would have little luck assaulting Ironforge through either the Wetlands or Loch Modan.
---
American Football <3
#20HakPosted 4/30/2013 4:01:37 AM
Tloya posted...

They didn't have the foresight to realize how much the Warcraft universe would grow. When the series started it was actually going to be an RTS set in the Warhammer universe, but something came up that caused the Warhammer people to withdraw from the project. Since they didn't want to waste an already half-finished game, Blizz just renamed it Warcraft and decided to come up with their own world/story. Back when it was just humans and orcs they only needed the one human kingdom to be fighting the orcs, so they made the Kingdom of Azeroth with a capital city of Stormwind.

Wrong. Entirely, completely, and fully wrong. This gets thrown about a lot, and it never had any element of truth to it, yet sadly it seems to have grown into a "fact" that "everyone" knows, despite it being entirely incorrect. Starcraft was based on 40k, yet Games Workshop was in a publishing deal with EA at the time, so Blizzard changed enough of SC to not get pumped for trademark infringements and released it - that's why the forces in SC tie up to Imperial, Tyranid and Eldar. At no point - EVER - was Warcraft designed to be based on Warhammer Fantasy.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa