This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

476 PVP gear versus higher 496-522 PVE gear...

#1TirriouPosted 4/30/2013 9:56:40 AM
Should I just always wear my full set of Malevolent/Tyrannical while pvping, despite the lower stats?
---
Gamertag and Steam ID: Mike7925
#2DawnshadowPosted 4/30/2013 10:04:20 AM
Yes, for now. Without resilience you'll be a glass cannon-- you won't live long enough to do anything!

Once resilience becomes baseline in the patch.... well, experiment. I suspect high end PvE gear may turn out to be better than low end PvP gear (but still worse than high end PvP gear, don't panic) but they're still tweaking things.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#3Tirriou(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:20:31 AM
Should I gem/enchant resilience, int, or haste?
---
#4XtraTPosted 4/30/2013 10:29:20 AM
Dawnshadow posted...

Once resilience becomes baseline in the patch.... well, experiment. I suspect high end PvE gear may turn out to be better than low end PvP gear (but still worse than high end PvP gear, don't panic) but they're still tweaking things.

seeing as all high end pve gear will scale to 496 and that the pvp gear will be 496, no.

Also, gemming depends on your class. Resil is usually the best.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#5jackster26Posted 4/30/2013 10:35:09 AM
pvp power is what you are going to want now. not so much resil
---
^( '.' )^
#6DawnshadowPosted 4/30/2013 10:40:37 AM
XtraT posted...
Dawnshadow posted...

seeing as all high end pve gear will scale to 496 and that the pvp gear will be 496, no.

Reading comprehension. You lack it.

I said high end PvE gear MAY turn out to be better than LOW END PvP gear-- the crafted stuff, not the 496 stuff. Will the PvP power on the low end PvP gear outweigh the 20 or more extra item levels of PvE stats, after the PvP power nerf? I'm honestly not sure.
---
#7Tirriou(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:40:46 AM
I'm a Mage.
---
#8XtraTPosted 4/30/2013 10:49:43 AM(edited)
Dawnshadow posted...
XtraT posted...
Dawnshadow posted...

Reading comprehension. You lack it.

I said high end PvE gear MAY turn out to be better than LOW END PvP gear-- the crafted stuff, not the 496 stuff. Will the PvP power on the low end PvP gear outweigh the 20 or more extra item levels of PvE stats, after the PvP power nerf? I'm honestly not sure.

honor gear was already better than pre 504 pve gear so yeah

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Venruki/advanced

That should help your gemming and stuff
---
#9DawnshadowPosted 4/30/2013 10:57:17 AM
XtraT posted...

honor gear was already better than pre 504 pve gear so yeah

I'm talking about after the 5.3 patch. Honor gear is better /now/, but resilience is going to be an inherent character property independent of gear and PvP power will be much weaker per point than it is on live. I think that using PvE gear in casual PvP might be doable (obviously not rated PvP, but battlegrounds and stuff.)

You really, really need to work on your reading comprehension. (Also, using capital letters and punctuation will make people take you a bit more seriously.)
---
#10XtraTPosted 4/30/2013 11:07:16 AM
my reading comprehension is fine, the OP said he was malev/tyran, not sure why you assumed he had low end pvp gear. Malev was already mathed to be better than non PvE gear with the same amount of sockets, not counting set bonuses.

lol punctuation and lol being taken seriously
---