Can gear not be upgraded upon socketing?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Can gear not be upgraded upon socketing?
3 years ago#1
I socketed my gear and I noticed the 0/2 and 0/1 upgrades were gone in the tool tip. Can you not upgrade socketed items? I also enchanted them.
i5 2500k SB 3.3 | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | AsRock z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | Antec 550w | ASUS 23.6" 1920x1080p
3 years ago#2
They took upgrades out (they'll be back soon). I'm curious why you even had the 0/2 and 0/1 in the first place; that should not be.
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
3 years ago#3
That was not on the same item, certain items I had could be upgraded twice, others once. I was just using it as an example. And good to know they just took it out for now, and I didn't just miss out on some upgrades because I gemmed/enchanted too quickly.
i5 2500k SB 3.3 | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | AsRock z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | Antec 550w | ASUS 23.6" 1920x1080p
3 years ago#4
blue quality items ilvl 458+ (maybe 450? i'm not sure) could only be upgraded once. epic quality items ilvl 476+ could be upgraded twice. item level upgrades will be back in 5.3. socketing and enchanting and whatnot have nothing to do with it.
"There is no reputation vendor that I'm aware of that sells a 'Cloak of What-the-hell-is-going on." - Lore
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Can gear not be upgraded upon socketing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived