This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most fun healer in the game?

#11SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 5/1/2013 5:22:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12BobTDonutPosted 5/1/2013 8:43:04 AM
as a disc priest i've noticed that what you're describing is pretty rampant but some of us actually do use all of the disc toolkit and it -is- a lot of fun when you do.

I play every single healer at a competitive level, and have done so for quite some time now. I know exactly what all of them are capable of.

one thing that drives me nuts - in seeing what spells other disc priests are using - is that so many seem to shy away from using power word: shield. it's a fantastic spell and the icy-veins 'tip' of 'use it once every 12 seconds' is kinda dumb.
like today i helped in a sha kill and i was checking out what spells the other disc priests were using; there was one that used power word: shield *once* and was also glyphed into it.

1. What some random baddie does has no meaning on how good or bad PW:S is.

2. PW:S is ass for mana, and the single target absorb isn't worth the mana cost unless the target is nearing death, or for a tank as a damage reduction CD of sorts.

Can you seriously heal (obviously not high-end stuff) just with Smite spam? This is almost as mind-blowing as my Aimed Shot discovery.

No no, you can seriously heal HIGH-END stuff, with majority of it being from Atonement (Smite, Penance, Holy Fire/Solace) and Divine Aegis (which is your mastery so it happens all the time). Yes, you use PoM on CD and can spam PoH as well, but then you are going from Smite spam to PoH spam. SO much of a difference, m i rite?

Healing Touch is only ever insta-cast, Nourish I don't find myself ever really using and only Regrowth I stop and cast (unless it's heavy damage and I just go Incarnation)

Oh look, someone who is doing Druid healing wrong. How surprising.
---
us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/lPu0J.gif http://i.minus.com/iOBJhbqPH5kt4.gif i.imgur.com/l3KcLSb.gif
#13Marndos(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:45:44 AM
Hey Bob, you might be able to help me with a decision I've been trying to make. I'm trying to determine which healer I want to play at 90, and like you I've grown dissatisfied with Mistweavers of late. I tank on my Paladin and DPS on my Shaman, and those are the primary roles I'd like to stick with. I'm thinking of using my Monk for PvP instead, so that leaves Priest and Druid as my options and they're en route to 90, but it's getting to the point where leveling is taking long enough that I'd like to pick just one and go with it.

I've tried Disc long enough to know that it's not really my thing considering how boring (and "brain-dead" as you say) it is. So between Holy Priest and Druid, which do you think is the more interesting/entertaining/fun healer to play? If you think both of those suck then let me know and maybe I'll just tough it out with my Monk a little longer :P
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#14SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 5/1/2013 9:59:26 AM
I play every single healer at a competitive level, and have done so for quite some time now. I know exactly what all of them are capable of.

The proof or at least some hints to the above statement... I don't see any.

Oh look, someone who is doing Druid healing wrong. How surprising.

Enlighten me, oh amazing one, when I'd ever want to use Nourish. I can think of more times that I'd "long cast" Healing Touch compared to casting Nourish at this point unless I'm the only healer around or am specifically "tank" healing, which while I have been Balance most of this expansion I can't recall ever seeing healers being specifically assigned Raid/Tank healing roles. Besides, who the hell would set DRUIDS as Tank heals instead of Raid heals (unless raid doesn't need heals at all)?
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#15Coop14Posted 5/1/2013 10:02:40 AM
Remember when I voted Monk in the November topic? Remember when Monks were actually a blast because Fistweaving was worth it?

Yeah. **** Monks.

Also who the hell is voting Disc, the most brain-dead healing spec to ever exist in the game? OH LOOK I CAN SMITE SPAM LOLOLOL SPIRIT SHELL

This logic is baffling and amazing.

Whats wrong with playing a healing spec we enjoy? Whole entire point of this topic >.> personal preference. Not "lolwhatsbest"
---
When one hates music, I question if they hate the soul. Music is undefinable, so don't try to define it for others.
#16ElaeusPosted 5/1/2013 10:12:38 AM
Coop14 posted...

Whats wrong with playing a healing spec we enjoy? Whole entire point of this topic >.> personal preference. Not "lolwhatsbest"

I don't think he was talking about the better versus fun factor though.

For all I care other players can play whatever they want but the main issue with most GFAQers and WoW players in general (note: The ones that aren't really competitive mostly) is being sheep in the sense that they either vote something up or down randomly because they heard the internet going for that, or they just recently rerolled to that.because of the same reason and the magic of the spec on low level is still in their heads, so they in both cases have absolutely no clue how things play end game. Basing a spec on fun because you are smiting in 5 mans is seriously a very mediocre opinion at best and the bearer of that opinion should just stop forming public opinions (not specifing anyone by the way).

One should be rational and objective. Take you for example, Coop. You played discipline for how long now? I would totally be fine with you voting discipline, as you seen the spec in its ups and downs and know what you're talking about. Also remember all the talking I also talk about how fun holy paladins became in Cata and how they are complicated more than people think? Yeah well not anymore in MoP - which is why I didn't vote them and the fact is I am not having as much fun as I used healing in Cata but playing due to guild needing a healer (and of course having fun being in the raids with them). The class itself with the current model? Haha no.

tl;dr: I see where he is coming from especially in the monks comment.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#17Coop14Posted 5/1/2013 10:17:13 AM
Coop14 posted...

I don't think he was talking about the better versus fun factor though.

For all I care other players can play whatever they want but the main issue with most GFAQers and WoW players in general (note: The ones that aren't really competitive mostly) is being sheep in the sense that they either vote something up or down randomly because they heard the internet going for that, or they just recently rerolled to that.because of the same reason and the magic of the spec on low level is still in their heads, so they in both cases have absolutely no clue how things play end game. Basing a spec on fun because you are smiting in 5 mans is seriously a very mediocre opinion at best and the bearer of that opinion should just stop forming public opinions (not specifing anyone by the way).

One should be rational and objective. Take you for example, Coop. You played discipline for how long now? I would totally be fine with you voting discipline, as you seen the spec in its ups and downs and know what you're talking about. Also remember all the talking I also talk about how fun holy paladins became in Cata and how they are complicated more than people think? Yeah well not anymore in MoP - which is why I didn't vote them and the fact is I am not having as much fun as I used healing in Cata but playing due to guild needing a healer (and of course having fun being in the raids with them). The class itself with the current model? Haha no.

tl;dr: I see where he is coming from especially in the monks comment.

In that regard I completely understand and its my own ignorance then on my part. I just read it almost as a strike towards all Priests.

So my apologies for the hastily dash. I agree with the whole bandwagon issues that have been happening lately. I guess thats the internet and the cliche everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt applies heh :P
---
When one hates music, I question if they hate the soul. Music is undefinable, so don't try to define it for others.
#18AssultTankPosted 5/1/2013 10:32:49 AM
I enjoy my Shaman far more than my Priest.

Nothing like getting 400k crit heals.
---
http://wh.gov/RI5h Petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.
John 6:53 Jesus promoting cannibalism.
#19JiruruPosted 5/1/2013 1:44:54 PM
BobTDonut posted...
Can you seriously heal (obviously not high-end stuff) just with Smite spam? This is almost as mind-blowing as my Aimed Shot discovery.

No no, you can seriously heal HIGH-END stuff, with majority of it being from Atonement (Smite, Penance, Holy Fire/Solace) and Divine Aegis (which is your mastery so it happens all the time). Yes, you use PoM on CD and can spam PoH as well, but then you are going from Smite spam to PoH spam. SO much of a difference, m i rite?

Ok now I have to say something that makes me sound stupid, but is this genuine or sarcastic? (Besides the obviously sarcastic last sentence of course.)
---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#20ElaeusPosted 5/1/2013 1:53:54 PM
Jiruru posted...
BobTDonut posted...

Ok now I have to say something that makes me sound stupid, but is this genuine or sarcastic? (Besides the obviously sarcastic last sentence of course.)

Nope he's serious.

Even in high end heroic raiding, discipline = healing for dummies.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.