This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can become guild master and the guild has 55k in the bank

#1SticksnrocksPosted 4/30/2013 1:31:26 PM
Should I do it or would that be a dick move? The GM has been gone for 3 months but he could always come back, also would I get in trouble for taking all the gold if he reported me?
---
http://i.imgur.com/QgJUL.gif
#2TheGreatCheezePosted 4/30/2013 1:34:29 PM
Not if you're GM. If there's little to no active players in the guild, take it. 3 months is a long time for a GM to be gone.
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#3ViperEO2Posted 4/30/2013 1:37:26 PM
55k isn't much money. If the GM is gone take it. If he didn't want to risk losing the guild, he shouldn't have left, or should have kicked you all out.
#4jackster26Posted 4/30/2013 1:39:48 PM
Its the guilds gold not the GMs. If you take GM then take the gold and leave you will be contacted by blizz. Consequences unknown but I have heard people getting the told taken back, temp bans and total bans.

Why is it so god damn hard for people to just do the right thing, why does everyone have to be D bags. Just becaue you "can" do something does that mean you should? What about the other people. Its a game but there are real people playing it. Getting your **** jacked isnt fun for anyone, isnt this supposed to be fun?

So in closing if you are an immoral piece of trash that has zero care for your fellow man and are prepared for whatever consequences. Do it.
---
^( '.' )^
#5TheGreatCheezePosted 4/30/2013 1:41:38 PM
jackster26 posted...
Its the guilds gold not the GMs. If you take GM then take the gold and leave you will be contacted by blizz. Consequences unknown but I have heard people getting the told taken back, temp bans and total bans.

Why is it so god damn hard for people to just do the right thing, why does everyone have to be D bags. Just becaue you "can" do something does that mean you should? What about the other people. Its a game but there are real people playing it. Getting your **** jacked isnt fun for anyone, isnt this supposed to be fun?

So in closing if you are an immoral piece of trash that has zero care for your fellow man and are prepared for whatever consequences. Do it.

I've never heard of a GM getting banned for taking gold out of their bank.
---
Like I've said before, Allies are like sand people; they scare easily but they will be back in greater numbers.
-Reddit
#6toolittletimePosted 4/30/2013 1:41:50 PM
I don't see anything wrong with him taking over if the GM hasn't logged on in over 3 months, that's why they added this feature.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
Mark Twain
#7jackster26Posted 4/30/2013 1:50:28 PM
I have, back in wrath. Same thing, GM wasnt on a long time so it was given to someone else. Ok fine, no prob there. But there were still other active members in the guild, new GM takes the gold /gpass, /gquit. with all the loots. Open a ticket. Thats a no no.

Now if the guild has NO active memebers besides the GM go for it. But as long as there are active members activly contributing to the gold in the bank, killin stuff, whatever. Yeah, there will be repercussions.

Dont believe me go to the offical wow forums. Ask for a blue to help in topic title. See what the blue says. Make sure you include all pertinent info, like if there is other active memebers.

Find out. What I really would not do though is blindly listen to the people on this or the wow board. Only a blue. Or hell log in on your toon that is the GM now and open a ticket. Ask em. Worst case they say no. Better then the other worst case:bananahamma
---
^( '.' )^
#8CapnCrunch1Posted 4/30/2013 2:07:49 PM
Take the gold, man!
#9ElaeusPosted 4/30/2013 2:10:00 PM
jackster26 posted...
Its the guilds gold not the GMs.

And guess who's the owner of the guild is.

Seriously, just take a guess.

There was a Blue about the guild being owned by the GM last year or something but I don't care enough to dig it out. Open a ticket and ask a GM if it really matters to you to find out who's right (hint: It's the one that said GM owns the bank).
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#10Lady_TygryPosted 4/30/2013 2:42:17 PM
Find out. What I really would not do though is blindly listen to the people on this or the wow board.

It's a two-way street, you know. The scenario you described happened in WotLK; this system was implemented long after that so that GMs wouldn't need to deal with this. Furthermore, I've never heard of this being an issue since the usurp system was put in place since he would be using it exactly as it was intended to be used.

If someone were to join my guild, they'd see about 200k and 7 very full and tempting bank tabs. One might think it belongs to the guild, I suppose, unless one read the logs. I put every single item in there and every single copper. The rest of the guild is actually blocked from depositing anything. Some change was fed in automatically as players using the perks did their dailies but it wouldn't have been at all close enough to cover the free, limitless repairs that I put in place for them. Now, I had never promoted anyone above rank 5 so that the current usurp option would make them ineligible BUT I still had no qualms about removing everyone before I quit in case that system changed before I returned. I doubt anyone would have complained-- I offered them free perks and repairs and they didn't have to do anything. If, however, that very accessible knowledge changed before I had returned and someone took it, I can honestly say I wouldn't have cared seeing as I wouldn't have been watching the notes.

If TC is really broken up about it, he can mail it around but in an abandoned guild such as mine and the one described, it's just collecting dust.
---
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow, we would probably all have to resort to common sense.