This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can become guild master and the guild has 55k in the bank

#21scarecrowsPosted 4/30/2013 7:36:19 PM
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3147735782#7

/end thread.
---
"Your an imbecile" - Gallusz
#22GateCaptainPosted 4/30/2013 7:41:01 PM
This is one of the many reasons i left wow right here. People get tempted to take the gold even though they know they shouldn't. I think guild gold needs to be locked and only can be with-drawn with guild repairs.
#23XtraTPosted 4/30/2013 7:49:50 PM
scarecrows posted...
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3147735782#7

/end thread.

was worth clicking just for

''Spoke to a GM.

Our old Guild Leader broke no rules by doing this.

Sad to say we were already losing a good amount of our core guildies to Star Wars. The fact that our old Guild Leader could do this and have not broke any rules is enough demoralisation to drive even more of us out of the game.

Such a shame.''
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#24ElaeusPosted 4/30/2013 8:03:53 PM
Yeah that link which Scarecrow put up resembles the Blue I referred to earlier in this topic.

lol@ all the moral bullcrap crowd in this topic btw. I am all for good deeds and being nice when possible but to make piss up because your limited minds only look at matters from a right and wrong perspective is called being unrealistic and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#25TloyaPosted 4/30/2013 10:53:02 PM
Is it allowed? Yeah, I think it's been demonstrated in this topic that it's okay from a ToU perspective. Blizzard makes their policies fairly arbitrary so that they can be enforced easily and fairly--it'd be a lot of extra work if they had to judge every single time someone throws a fit over being "robbed" by someone else.

Is it ethical? No, not really. But as far as how unethical it is, it's about as tame as downloading a copyrighted Youtube video or putting gum on the back of a desk.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#26AmakusaPosted 5/1/2013 12:20:29 AM
GateCaptain posted...
This is one of the many reasons i left wow right here.

Then you wouldn't miss the gold in the Gbank, would you?
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#27KrozardPosted 5/1/2013 1:03:30 AM
jackster26 posted...
Its the guilds gold not the GMs. If you take GM then take the gold and leave you will be contacted by blizz. Consequences unknown but I have heard people getting the told taken back, temp bans and total bans.

Why is it so god damn hard for people to just do the right thing, why does everyone have to be D bags. Just becaue you "can" do something does that mean you should? What about the other people. Its a game but there are real people playing it. Getting your **** jacked isnt fun for anyone, isnt this supposed to be fun?

So in closing if you are an immoral piece of trash that has zero care for your fellow man and are prepared for whatever consequences. Do it.

All these people who see the GM hasn't been on and think "I can take the guild and get free gold" make me feel kind of weird.

Near the end of Cata, the group I'd been raiding with since early Wrath all quit, leaving me alone in the guild, except for the GM.

As soon as I could, I took the guild over (with the original GMs permission), and my first thought was "I'll take this money, stock the guild with raiding supplies, and try to get a good raid team formed".

We didn't do too badly, but eventually everyone quit due to end of expansion boredom, so now I'm sitting with an empty guild...
---
this space intentionally left blank
#28SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 5/1/2013 5:44:46 AM
When I came back to WoW in Cata, my old guild was basically deserted. It was a small guild already (only about 12-15 active members) and I noticed that only 2 members were 85. Our main DPS was gone and our main Tank was gone. Guild Leader hadn't been on for many months. So I took over the guild and basically used it as a personal bank for the Guild Bank summon.

I can't remember anything big for items or any huge amount of gold, but it wouldn't have been missed much since the guild leader left for another guild and I think tore the old guild down.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#29JustindbzPosted 5/1/2013 7:22:16 AM
heh while it is true a GM can do whatever they want with the guild it would still be a dick move to gut the guild then leave.
---
I hope God speaks English. If I get up to heaven and have to point at a menu, I'm gonna be pissed.
-Daniel Tosh
#30PailheadPosted 5/1/2013 8:44:34 AM
It would be a dick move not to become guild master.
---
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.