This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How efficient is LFD leveling with a tank and healer?

#1DarkBanelingPosted 5/1/2013 8:47:54 AM
Me and my room mate are leveling a warrior and druid. Would it be efficient to go prot and restonand queue for LFD over and over? Assuming we have instant queues, would this be faster than questing?
#2angrywalrus13Posted 5/1/2013 8:53:40 AM
Strictly speaking, no, but you should definitely do each dungeon once for the quests.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#3DarkLord63Posted 5/1/2013 9:04:59 AM
angrywalrus13 posted...
Strictly speaking, no, but you should definitely do each dungeon once for the quests.

I would say at the earlier levels with an instant queue it would be quite a bit faster. It starts to fall off at higher levels.
---
You know you play too much Halo when you hear that there's a flood warning in your area and go straight for the shotgun.-Ireth
#4SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 5/1/2013 9:32:07 AM
Without RAF, it might be faster at first, but later on you'll probably do better doing each dungeon once with the associated quests and then doing normal quests otherwise.

With RAF, you get 4-6 levels per dungeon run for the most part, going down to about 2-3 levels a run when getting in the 70s.
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#5bravo1Posted 5/1/2013 9:33:44 AM
Till about 35, LFD leveling is solid. Once you get to like Diremaul, Strath is where it drops off considerably. It picks up around 50 where you can reliably get BRC: Detention Block on random. You run to the boss room, burn down half anything that you pulled, down the boss, get a dungeon quests worth of XP in 2 minutes. Rinse/Lather/repeat
#6angrywalrus13Posted 5/1/2013 10:12:11 AM
DarkLord63 posted...
angrywalrus13 posted...

I would say at the earlier levels with an instant queue it would be quite a bit faster. It starts to fall off at higher levels.

Nope. Might feel faster, but if you know where you're going, questing is always faster. You can pretty reliably pump out five levels per 1 to 1.5 hours until Outland, and even then questing still ends up faster.

I don't mean to say dungeons aren't doing once for their quests, though, as they especially are with an instant queue. The breaking up of monotony is also very valuable.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#7ElaeusPosted 5/1/2013 10:13:27 AM
angrywalrus13 posted...
DarkLord63 posted...
angrywalrus13 posted...

Nope. Might feel faster, but if you know where you're going, questing is always faster. You can pretty reliably pump out five levels per 1 to 1.5 hours until Outland, and even then questing still ends up faster.

I don't mean to say dungeons aren't doing once for their quests, though, as they especially are with an instant queue. The breaking up of monotony is also very valuable.

This is correct.
---
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? Haven't got one.
#8SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 5/1/2013 10:14:33 AM
RAF > all.
---
#9angrywalrus13Posted 5/1/2013 10:31:21 AM
SA_X_Mk_II posted...
RAF > all.

I think it goes without saying that a full 300% increase to EXP gain would be better than not having one.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#10SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 5/1/2013 10:45:25 AM(edited)
SA_X_Mk_II posted...
RAF > all.

I think it goes without saying that a full 300% increase to EXP gain would be better than not having one.

Wow, I derped bad there.

RAF Dungeon > all.

^
That is what the post should have been.
Doing dungeons with RAF seem a LOT faster than questing with RAF.
---