This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good melee class with no 'self-buff' to maintain?

#1_Dale_GribblePosted 5/1/2013 5:17:11 PM
Paladin seems kind of fun, but I can't seem to get into him much as I'd like, because Inquisition is both boring, and I forget to keep it up.

I can't really enjoy my Feral Druid for the same reason, only with savage roar (I think).

Rogues, are the same with slice n dice, except Mut rogues, which I just find boring.

What's a melee dps class/spec, generally considered fun, without a self-buff to maintain, that also can do fairly well in BGs?
#2MorgasaurusPosted 5/1/2013 5:22:17 PM
DK is the only class I have not tried in detail, but I think you're basically hosed all around. Scuttlebutt says DK strong in arena too, but not sure what 5.3 is doing to it.

Warriors have shouts, Shamans have searing totem (not exactly self buff but yeah), Monks have to use the damage brew thing although that's kind of a cross between proc and self-buff and DPS CD.

I'd try Enhance Shaman if you drop the PvP requirement because most people say they think enhance is incredibly awesome to play. Refresh searing totem from what I remember kind of flows naturally in the rotation anyway it's not as annoying as inquisition (nothing is as annoying as inquisition.)
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#3Blue7Posted 5/1/2013 5:32:40 PM
Warriors really only have shout as a self-buff, but it's only once every five minutes. Or thirty seconds if you're shouting to generate rage. Not too hard to remember or keep up.
---
War:"I never change? **** you! You don't know me!" The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse on Fallout: Tactics
PSN: KujoMackenbarn
#4TloyaPosted 5/1/2013 5:54:00 PM
Warriors have shouts and DKs have Horn of Winter, but those are both mainly just raid-buffs with short durations (and they also have some combat utility in generating a little rage/runic power). If you're in a group with another class that has a longer duration/passive version of the buff then you don't need to use it except for the bonus resource effect.

Keeping up buffs/debuffs is kind of a universal mechanic for every class--it gives you something to pay attention to and organize your rotation around.
---
Posts look awkward without a signature underneath
#5_Dale_Gribble(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 6:30:05 PM
DK, Warrior or Shaman huh?

Maybe I'll go with an Enhancement Shaman then, how are they at DPSing?
#6_Dale_Gribble(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 6:33:59 PM
Since I can't edit, what would be included if I asked for a ranged DPS class that isn't completely killed by movement?
#7KrozardPosted 5/1/2013 6:46:56 PM(edited)
_Dale_Gribble posted...
Since I can't edit, what would be included if I asked for a ranged DPS class that isn't completely killed by movement?

Ranged DPS, no self buff, and not killed by movement?

You're looking for a Hunter, who appear to be (at least somewhat) good in BGs as well.

Unless something changed, the only thing Hunter's can't do while moving is use Aimed Shot, and there's a glyph that allows that.

Other than that, Hunter's have virtually no penalty for moving and can perform their full(I think) rotation while doing so.

My hunter isn't 90 yet, so I'm not sure if Power Shot/Barrage can be cast/channeled while moving.
---
this space intentionally left blank
#8fan360Posted 5/1/2013 7:38:33 PM
_Dale_Gribble posted...
DK, Warrior or Shaman huh?

Maybe I'll go with an Enhancement Shaman then, how are they at DPSing?

If you want good dps, always choose a pure dps class.

Hunter is the best choose.
#9Neo_TsugaPosted 5/1/2013 8:47:25 PM
hunters have zero buffs(besides any missing pet buffs) and can always be in melee range with no DPS loss.
---
Prepare to be unprepared!
#10Black_Mage_MeeePosted 5/1/2013 10:22:05 PM
Neo_Tsuga posted...
hunters have zero buffs(besides any missing pet buffs) and can always be in melee range with no DPS loss.

Since dying is a dps loss, it's not the best idea to be in melee with hunter ;)
---
~Kweh