This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any tips for recruiting/leveling a casual/social/leveling guild?

#1Melted_ButterPosted 5/1/2013 7:36:50 PM
I logged onto my hunter today and found that I was the GM (and only member) of the guild I was in.

It's level 22 right now, and the guild bank has been completely emptied out.

I want to get it active and get it up to 25.

What's the best way to recruit?

Note: I DO NOT want to use one of those annoying invite addon, I hate them when I make new characters, and I know other people hate them too, so I won't be using one.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#2KrozardPosted 5/1/2013 7:48:05 PM
Here's some tips I've found that work:

1) Make a well-written recruitment message and say it in trade (don't spam it like crazy though)

2) Try not to have a bad/cliche guild name (Although in this case it sounds like you didn't name it.) Personally, I try (and it seems to be a moderately popular opinion among others) to avoid joining guilds with names like "Dark Legion Warrior" and the like (names that try for a dark/"hardcore" name)

3) Offer some small perks. Simple throwing 1k or so into the guild bank for guild repairs can draw some people in. Opening one bank tab up for small stuff like Tabards and low level greens can be helpful too
---
this space intentionally left blank
#3Melted_Butter(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 12:20:20 AM
Bump.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig