This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Class Advice for starting fresh

#11mattmatt23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 1:15:17 PM
I'm thinking BM hunter, but will probably watch some videos first. Might try to find someone to level up with..
#12mt830plusPosted 5/4/2013 10:46:42 PM
I'm tellin you bro, spacegoat pally. Don't even bother with hunter seeing how they'll never live up to their former glory. On the other hand, Blizz seems to buff pally every patch and you'll be soloing anything you want. /2 cents
#13MorgasaurusPosted 5/4/2013 11:05:36 PM
I think over the years hunters have been consistently strong in PvP. Not OP (except early Wrath's lol Bestial Wrath) but they have mostly been strong. They also happen to have a fairly high skill cap. You already have 90128374 buttons from the get-go, not to mention landing traps requires coordination or scatter (which I think they're nerfing the latter combo.) You also have to control your pet CC, then there's the jump-turn disengage, etc. etc.

If you want a challenging class to master in PvP, go hunter. Which is weird because it's super easy in PvE. Taming rare pets is also a nice distraction with a bit of a cosmetic reward.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#14mattmatt23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 12:11:15 PM
I know the hunter nerfs are coming, and I'm by no means asking about FoTM. Just curious about how the upcoming hunter nerfs will affect their play style. I know some of the skills will be sharing DR among other nerfs.
#15mt830plusPosted 5/5/2013 12:41:06 PM
like I said, hunters will never return to their former glory. they are ALWAYS on the receiving end of the nerf bat. on the other hand, all the dev's girlfriends play pally so they are always getting buffed. spacegoat pally, bro. roll one.
#16mattmatt23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 12:59:20 PM
For one, I play horde so not an option. For 2, I would only roll space goat if it was female. I thought about pally, but I don't like being limited to one spec. I know they have 3, but I don't want another healer, and I sure don't want to tank.
#17mt830plusPosted 5/5/2013 1:11:45 PM
orc hunter
#18mattmatt23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:53:04 PM
Yeah I was thinking Orc, but will look at the racials once I get ready to start. Almost done with the gear, but deciding on weapon. If I'm going to level quite a bit through BG's, the gun is the better option then right? I like the PvP option, but not sure I like the gun. I much prefer the bow. So just curious how big of a difference it makes...
#19mattmatt23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 3:25:21 PM
And I got around to looking at the race comparisons for hunter and I'm down to Undead and Orc. Now I know with BM, Orc is a better choice for the extra pet damage. I'm thinking about playing MM, especially now that BM is getting nerfed. So, I'm wondering for MM if undead would be a better choice.