This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man, I'm unsure what to do.

#31LostoutPosted 5/2/2013 8:48:15 AM
I tried to teach my Dad how to play Tekken...... it did not go well. I would hate to be the son here I feel his pain.
---
I am as awesome as a bear high fiving a shark in space during an explosion.
#32Wookie_Is_BackPosted 5/2/2013 9:06:15 AM
Exactly how old is this "friend" of yours? The trolls ITT bring up father son bonding BS, which stops at like 15 or 16.
#33vahndragonwing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 9:10:24 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Exactly how old is this "friend" of yours? The trolls ITT bring up father son bonding BS, which stops at like 15 or 16.

Yeah, dude is like 28 and about to finish his military service. The dad is like, in his 60s.

I'm still cool with them wanting to play together, it makes perfect sense, and hell, I'd like to play with the guy too. That's why it's a rough spot.
---
IMO
#34Wookie_Is_BackPosted 5/2/2013 9:22:10 AM
I think the man would have trouble playing Mario party, tbh. I'm not saying senior citizens can't play WoW, but I'm sure his gaming capacities have diminished.
#35vahndragonwing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 9:24:12 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
I think the man would have trouble playing Mario party, tbh. I'm not saying senior citizens can't play WoW, but I'm sure his gaming capacities have diminished.

Yeah, I just don't wanna say something like "Dude, I think your dad is just too old." I mean, the dad has been playing since beta, and played at least SOME during every expansion, had at least one level-capped character each expansion, claims to have raided in the past.. I just don't know how it would have been such a turnaround.
---
IMO
#36Wookie_Is_BackPosted 5/3/2013 10:52:09 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

Yeah, I just don't wanna say something like "Dude, I think your dad is just too old." I mean, the dad has been playing since beta, and played at least SOME during every expansion, had at least one level-capped character each expansion, claims to have raided in the past.. I just don't know how it would have been such a turnaround.

Especially with how much simpler the game's gotten.
#37SIashPosted 5/3/2013 11:54:07 PM
Who cares. He played since Vanilla and even in the beta.

That means he is automatically better than you
---
Proud and exclusive member of BeautifulPeople.com
#38ChocoboMog123Posted 5/4/2013 12:13:20 AM
464 average ilvl.
463 was heroic 5-man gear.
40-50k DPS was entry to MSV (on a cleave friendly fight).

12-25k DPS isn't a gear issue, it's a skill use issue. But, really, if you can get him to 50k DPS by ToT LFR he'd still be better than plenty of people in there. The difference between 463 ilvl and 480 ilvl is pretty massive in terms of stat upgrades. He'll get better the more he plays. It's not like he's trying to join your raiding guild.
---
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
#39xcessPosted 5/4/2013 1:16:29 AM
yesh 25k is too low thats like a lvl 85 dps but yeah you could show him that his dps is less than tanks or you might just have to show him on your hunter what it should at least do and maybe actually go to his house and show him . you could just tell trade but they will rip him apart which is something you prolly dont want. but you said he also stands in fire so even if he fixed his dps hes got other problems. he is definetely not ready for normals but seems like he is just doing lfr so prolly just let him be. you already tried your best to help him so yeah its not worth risking your friendship I believe
#40Jack Talk ThaiPosted 5/4/2013 2:41:12 AM
Send him or the son a link to this thread.
---
Hi, Mister Pitt!!!