This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which voice over internet protocol software do you use for World of Warcraft?

#11superhoffyPosted 5/5/2013 7:01:08 AM
is one of those technologically superior to the others ?
I always only used mumble so far but just because the guild told me to, I don't actually know if one software is better
#12the_grettinPosted 5/5/2013 7:41:17 AM
Anyone have a list of pros and cons for them? Why are people switching away from vent?
---
'You and he were buddies, weren't you?', need I say more, need I say more.
#13MrBigJohnsonPosted 5/5/2013 9:14:02 AM
Vent for guild runs.
My IRL buddy has a mumble server so I hang out in there a lot.
And Skype for PvP.
---
Even addiction has diminishing returns. Johnrockks#1547
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Marisette/advanced
#14VelociswaggerPosted 5/5/2013 9:23:29 AM
chinezekid1 posted...
vent for pve, skype for pvp
#15Morgasaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 1:37:52 AM
Axon is great for the 3-D positioning if that's something you care about. The disadvantage is that you have to do a signup and a bunch of jazz to get to use it.

Vent is great because the steps to using it are: DL Client => Info => You're in. It's also extremely lightweight.

Vent lacks volume normalization which is something some other services have, but I'm fairly sure that's going to use more resources. You can manually adjust the volume of other players under the miscellaneous special effects menu anyway which will take care of everyone in your guild. The only problem is if you post info for a PUG achievement run or whatever you're going to have like 2 mice and 2 elephants for every 10 people.

Mumble is open source and I know a lot of people are all "rah rah open source" so whatever.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#16Black_Mage_MeeePosted 5/6/2013 2:12:57 AM
Whatever people that want to talk at me use. Which is vent atm, but used TS3 and Mumble too
---
~Kweh
#17Morgasaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 8:05:57 AM
Use Mumble or go home.

People who still use Vent make me sick.

Is this because "rah rah open source" or because you think Mumble is better?
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
#18HakPosted 5/8/2013 8:34:36 AM
Mangler
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#19Morgasaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 1:06:54 AM
Vent is WINNING THIS FIGHT!
---
#20kuroiPosted 5/9/2013 1:13:24 AM
I prefer mumble because it reduces the lag between input and output so there are less interruptions during conversations.

It also has a slight barrier for getting set up, so when you have people join the server with the password for the name you know to kick them from your run.