This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how is Mists turning out?

#61Shannon Spencer FoxPosted 5/6/2013 3:24:30 PM
The VP gear being gated behind reputations is the biggest flaw in MoP, as pretty much anyone would agree (even if they don't particularly mind it). I agree that Blizzard kind of got super proud of their level 90 quest content (and hey, some of it is pretty nifty) and refused to remove that gating, but I think all in all MoP is definitely the most worthy of pride of the expansions they've done.

Honestly, the system in Cata made a lot more sense: Justice Point gear got you 346-level blues that got you ready for raids, and Valor Point gear got you raid-level gear, which made sense, because it's always been meant to give you something from raiding and whatnot if you get unlucky with drops. Rep, meanwhile, also provided the same level of gear at Revered and Exalted, and with the representation system, you could work on both, along with dailies.

Then, of course, Mists came out and you pretty much have to do dailies to get VP gear, and also to get VP period... as opposed to Cata, where you could run seven LFD instances per week to cap out... but, nowadays, it requires at least 16 LFD runs, and that's assuming you do one every day for the 90 VP reward (which amounts to 630 VP total for 7 runs at 90 each), and then another 9 (for the last 370 VP at 45 VP each). That's, of course, more than twice the original amount.

I don't really know why they didn't just setup the LFD system like before, but add the 5 VP-per-daily reward, since it's not like there's not a hard cap on VP per week. But there you go.
---
A smart man sees a fire and knows not to touch it because he knows it is hot; a wise man sees the fire and knows not to touch it because he has already done so.
#62angrywalrus13Posted 5/6/2013 3:35:08 PM
I think the idea was to get people to do things that weren't just 5-mans. Do LFR and Scenarios. Scenarios are an incredible way of quickly getting VP (for DPS), and Heroic Scenarios will be even better.

Even if you just do one Heroic and one Scenario per day (and you should totally do a Scenario while waiting for the 5-man queue), that's 910 (it's 80 VP for a 5-man, not 90, isn't it?) just from the daily ones. Hey, you could do one LFR or a couple extra 5-mans/Scenarios (if you don't have the gear for LFR, you'll be doing those anyway) and cover that.

But even so, another idea is that VP shouldn't and isn't going to be a real source of gear in the long run unless you're someone who doesn't do LFR/raids, so capping valor each week really isn't as important as it was in Cataclysm, where you had free loot.
---
Thomx
like tommicks
#63DamorahTalsetPosted 5/6/2013 3:37:09 PM
It's amusing how Gojak disappeared.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#64ryanell666Posted 5/6/2013 4:34:48 PM(edited)
Shannon Spencer Fox posted...
Honestly, the system in Cata made a lot more sense:.....

No, the original system in TBC made the most sense.

Having the vendors offer raid quality off-hands, capes, trinkets, rings......NOT full raid gear.... it makes professions worth doing again, more reliablity towards other players....feed the server economy....
#65WhodatJuvatPosted 5/6/2013 4:37:56 PM
The only proof here is that someone needed 3 versions of their name because people hated the first 2.
#66Wyrmwarrior5Posted 5/6/2013 5:15:04 PM
ryanell666 posted...
Shannon Spencer Fox posted...
Honestly, the system in Cata made a lot more sense:.....

No, the original system in TBC made the most sense.

Having the vendors offer raid quality off-hands, capes, trinkets, rings......NOT full raid gear.... it makes professions worth doing again, more reliablity towards other players....feed the server economy....

Did you actually play during Sunwell?
---
http://breadfish.de/
http://thebest404pageever.com = best website ever.
#67Ruvan22Posted 5/6/2013 5:32:25 PM
XtraT posted...
Cata sold 3.3m in the first week, WotlK sold 2.8m in the first week, MoP sold 2.7m in the first week. WOW IS DEAD I BETTER MAKE 6 POSTS ABOUT IT

I think we need more than 6 posts!!!!
#68XtraTPosted 5/6/2013 5:32:57 PM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
XtraT posted...
replaced wolves stun

shorter CD and longer duration makes it more prevalent

also class wide

doesn't matter, lost one gained one. Hence why I said the amount of stuns is the same.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#69halomonkey1_3_5Posted 5/6/2013 5:52:09 PM
XtraT posted...
doesn't matter, lost one gained one. Hence why I said the amount of stuns is the same.

monks also exist

so thats a whole class worth of stuns
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#70XtraTPosted 5/6/2013 5:56:48 PM
you can't count the new class, just a low blow dude
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.