This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate/help my UI

#1Lightning BoltPosted 5/6/2013 2:03:17 PM
I'm trying to set up a proper raid tanking UI, and this is basically what I've come to:

http://i.imgur.com/RTy7g2W.jpg

BigWigs (DBM basically) appears on the top right and comes to the bottom right, boss health bars on mid right, that's Omen at the extreme bottom right, and the rest should be fairly obvious if you know about addons.

Only issue atm is that I can't even ****ing tell whether or not I have aggro on the thing I'm targeting. Shadowed Unit Frames doesn't seem to provide any kind of easy glow indicator like the default frames do, and the % aggro indicator only goes up to 100%. I can't tell how much of an aggro lead I have, and it's rather odd to tell how close I am to pulling off someone.

Idk, any suggestions or pointers or whatnot? I've always been alright with the default but I do see the value in moving up.
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#2RetributionV2Posted 5/6/2013 2:44:12 PM
Tidy Plates Threat Plates
---
>2012
>Not using meme arrows
#3Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 3:30:17 PM(edited)
Tidy Plates Threat Plates

Tidyplates got (can't ya tell from the screenshot? :p). That's mostly for packs though. For bosses I need the exact number. The difference between 109% threat and 110% can mean a wipe and I really need to have it exact.

And sometimes the name plate is unreliable. On massive bosses like Horridon it's quite painstaking to have to search around for his health bar to find the threat level, I'd rather it be somewhere on my static UI. The freaking default target plate has it, why is this so hard to get with addons...
---
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev
#4xDallasPosted 5/6/2013 4:25:37 PM
You use way too many addons. Chances are you aren't that good. Do you clear heroics before nerf?

Get rid of addons and stop hindering your personal progression.
---
wiener in my butt- Bradcube
#5femmefatale7Posted 5/6/2013 6:36:10 PM
xDallas posted...
You use way too many addons. Chances are you aren't that good. Do you clear heroics before nerf?

Get rid of addons and stop hindering your personal progression.

Still at it, I see?
---
Meh. As difficult as it may be for you, you're just going to have to accept that you'll have to go without dick for awhile. - Steamster to Little Zardar
#6Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 10:26:03 PM(edited)
Do you clear heroics before nerf?

Not all of them. I blame the guild I'm in holding me back.
Seems I can't escape either. I applied to a 5/13H guild and they accepted me, and then when I went to talk to an officer about it they said not to transfer yet because the guild is probably dying. >__>

Basically why I'm trying to fix up my UI. Dress to impress, yeh?
(answering troll is subtle bump)
---
-The Rev
#7monkeehandsPosted 5/7/2013 1:54:16 AM
what are you using to get your and the bosses health frames in the middle of the screen?

Also, I've been having a dabble with icehud and I think there is a threat module in there
#8Lightning Bolt(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 2:01:39 AM(edited)
monkeehands posted...
what are you using to get your and the bosses health frames in the middle of the screen?

Right click the thing and unlock it (it's like the bottom option, or at least near the bottom). Click and drag, then re-lock it. Don't need an addon for that.
But the health frames are Shadowed Unit Frames, if you want that specifically.

monkeehands posted...
Also, I've been having a dabble with icehud and I think there is a threat module in there

I think I actually got IceHUD somewhere in the freaking boggle of addons I downloaded over the weekend. I'll peek through it, thank ya.
The target frame does have a threat module on its own but like I mentioned it's stupid.
---
-The Rev