This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Current State of healers?

#1killer_sealionsPosted 5/6/2013 4:07:27 PM
Just wondering how healers overall were doing this expansion?
Also would a disc priest or a Resto Shaman be a better choice for 10 man raid healing?
#2frickinajPosted 5/6/2013 4:11:51 PM
I have a Resto sham that I use for alt runs/pugs. They're very fight dependent right now. Certain fights will be harder to heal when there's no stackin. Jin Rohk and Megaera (for instance) you will destroy meters. Others are more single target dependent which is resto sham's weakness. That being said, resto sham's have arguably the most powerful CD's in the game.

Our disc priest we raid with tops meters on every fight and adds a decent amount of dps with atonement. Spirit shell's always a nice CD to have as well.

Honestly, whichever one you're better at will be the better choice, neither's incredibly OP or terrible
#3bstbllPosted 5/6/2013 5:59:35 PM
Every healer is fine for 10N fights. You may be slightly better or worse off on some fights, but it's not going to make or break your raid.

That being said, disc priests are absolutely insane right now.
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#4MarndosPosted 5/6/2013 7:11:44 PM
Disc Priests and Holy Paladins with their mastery will always do well on the charts due to the nature of how absorb heal HPS takes priority in measurement when dealing with incoming damage. For instance, overhealing is not recorded in normal HPS meters but a Disc Priest can stack a big 'ol shield on a full-health tank and all of it will count towards their HPS before a non-absorb healer has a chance to restore any health lost after the shield dies. Absorb healers get "first crack" at the HPS measurements, as it were. At least that's how I understand it.

This is why I'm not sure meters are a valid way to measure a healer's performance, at least not in the same way DPS meters are.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#5frickinajPosted 5/6/2013 7:41:10 PM
Exactly, It's more about being able to keep people alive. That's when resto shaman really shine. Things like Healing Tide and Spirit Link and their ascendance will absolutely keep the raid alive during periods of high raid damage.